Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit surge wont sync with samsung galaxy s7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a fitbit surge yesterday and have been trying  tirelessly to get it to sync with my cell phone but it won't work. I have tried allowing all permissions on the app settings in my phone etc but still won't sync. 

I have determined it must be my phone and not the device because it will sync with my galaxy tab. I'm not sure what on my phone is preventing it from syncing, but right now the only way I can is when it is plugged into the PC. Obviously not ideal because I want phone notifications etc while I am running. Any Samsung Galaxy s7 users had the same issue? 

To confirm I have followed all the suggested steps on the website including force closing the app, uninstalling, re-pairing the surge etc. Can anyone help?! I'm so frustrated ! 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

To confirm I successfully managed to fix this after hours and hours of trying. 

I went into my settings and selected 'smart manager' and 'clean all' and it worked! I left the post up in case anyone else has the same problem with their s7 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @Katiet2506! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks a lot for sharing that information, I think that it might be really helpful to our Samsung users! It's good to know that you didn't give up until you found the solution. Great job! Woman Very Happy

Feel free to dig into our Discussions boards! There is a really good chance for you to like it, in case that you haven't do so. You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle? Cat Tongue

Have an awesome day and keep stepping! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Katiet2506could you explain where that function is. Desperately trying to get my galaxy s4 to synch consistently so trying everything.

Never mind.  It is an app. Found it. Didn't work for me.

Best Answer

After 2 years of issues with the surge I am afraid to buy another fitbit product so time to hang up my community access and say goodbye. The build quality was just too poor. I never got it to synch continuously with my Samsung s4. I will go to another brand with better build but same features. All I expect is that the watch lasts 2 years.

I walk away happy as fitbit appreciated my custom and came to a satisfactory outcome. Good luck all.

Best Answer

Hi @tobingjThank you for your participation in the forums and for the feedback!

I noticed you got in touch with our team. Sorry to hear that you won't be stepping with us, but we wish you continue seeking for options on how to stay healthy and motivated. You're invited to keep visiting our Discussions boards

Hope to see you around there!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

After an update of my Samsung S7 I dont get sync to my FitbitSurge. 

Where can I find Smart manager. Must I take down a new App?

Best Answer

Hey there @inga46, welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

About the issues you're having with your Samsung S7, you can follow the next steps. I think that the Smart Manager is on the Settings icon on your phone, then just scroll down.

1. Open the Play Store on your Samsung Galaxy S7, look for the Fitbit App and confirm that it is up to date. If it is not, please download the latest version.
  2. Go to the settings of your Samsung Galaxy S7 and tap on Bluetooth. Once you are there and the Bluetooth is on, the Fitbit Surge should be under my devices, please tap on the gear icon in the right side of Ionic and select "Unpair". Then turn off Bluetooth in your Samsung Galaxy S7. 
  3. Open the Fitbit App and in the top right corner you should find the account icon. Once you tap on the account icon you should see your name and right below Surge, please tap on it and select the option that looks like a trash can in the top right corner to delete the Ionic from your account.
  4. In the main page of Setting for your Samsung Galaxy S7, hit Connections and confirm that the Location is on and in High Accuracy mode.
  5. Go to the main page of Setting in your Samsung phone and select the Apps option. After that select Fitbit and do the following:
    1. Hit storage and hit the Clear Data option.
    2. Hit permissions and allow all the permissions for the Fitbit App.
    3. Hit force stop.
  6. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S7.
  7. Restart your Surge. To do it, please follow these instructions: 
  8. Turn on Samsung Galaxy S7.
  9. Turn on WiFi and Bluetooth in your Samsung Galaxy S7.
  10. Open the Fitbit App and login. If you are having issues with your password, please hit the Forgot Password option.
  11. Once you have login to the Fitbit App, hit the account icon, select Set Up a Device and follow the instructions to set up your Fitbit Surge.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer