Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fog in screen and band falling apart on my surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday afternoon did a 10 mile walk with my wife (which she owns a charge 2) and my surge screen started to get foggy (it covers the whole screen). After I got home I removed it from my hand and hoped it would get clear, which it did the next morning. But this afternoon after I finished doing upper body exercise I noticed it was fogged up again. The charge 2 of my wife was ok - no problem. On my surge I also noticed that the band on the top of the screen is coming loose. Does this have anything to do with the screen fogging up?

I loved the surge (until the foggy screen and breaking band)...the GPS is one of the best in the market. But where is the Surge 2?! I have been looking into the Garmin fenix 5 and I am leaning toward switching my loyalty from Fitbit to Garmin. It is waterproof plus had tons of features that are perfect for me. Before I jump ship to garmin I want to see the Surge 2 and its features...any news on Surge 2? Any fixes for my foggy screen while I wait for Surge 2?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

My band has come completely off the top of the screen since i noticed the same issue as you a few days ago 😞 only 6M's old

Best Answer

Check out some other threads on this forum and you'll find lots of others with the  same problem. If your surge is less than 1 year old ,2 for Europe contact support for a replacement under warranty. Others have put their surges in a bag of rice overnight to draw out the condensation but it returns as the seal is broken on the surge once it gets condensation. Good luck! 

Best Answer

Well this is my second surge. First broke under warranty (the band) and this one having problems after less than 6 months. Very disappointed in the quality of Fitbit products. Love the app and good features, but need a major QC overhaul at this company.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Osniel and @pumpprincess! Thanks for the help @RedmoonstarCat Happy

@Osniel In case that you want me to check your Warranty options with our Customer Support team please know so I can create a case for you!  Our team will be more than glad to help you further with this. 

@pumpprincess I've already confirmed with our Team that you have a case open for this issue. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else!

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Osniel I am now on my second Surge.  The first one after about a year the band split at the screws. The second one I am using now the band is separating near the display probably similar to what you are describing.  I am debating whether to try super glue to see if I can get it to attach again but have not tried that yet.  I think we have to resign to the fact that they only last about a year unfortunately.  My wife's bands (I bought her extra bands) for her Alta only last about 6 months. 

Best Answer

Hi @waynecz! Thanks for posting your comments in the Forums, I really appreciate your feedback! I've checked with our team and apparently your case is being handled by our Support Team. Please keep an eye on your email inbox or feel free to reply the last response you received to update your case.  Cat Embarassed

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here

Have a great day! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit The band came completely off of my Surge the day after I posted the message below.  The Surge does not have replacement bands from some reason.  My first Surge had sync issues after 11 months and was replaced.  When it was replaced the screw had just ripped through the band.  This replacement Surge i have worn for 6-7 months and has completely disintegrated band also but is not covered under warranty because it is a replacement.  Fitbit did offer a discount on a new Fitbit which i accepted and have or will be switching to a Charge 2.  The concept of ordering another Surge to have the band come apart again within a year did not make sense to me.  At least with the Charge 2 I can replace the band if it goes bad before the Fitbit Charge 2 goes bad.  Someone on your design team needs to come up with a different concept of band design for the Surge so that it can be replaced when it fails.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@waynecz Amazon sells replacement bands. YouTube has videos on how to do it. If the Surge is still functional this may be an option. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @VF31AE3! Thanks a million for your suggestion! @waynecz Thanks for getting back with the resolution of your case.

As mentioned before your feedback is important for us, I appreciate the time you took in order to make your voice heard. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. New generation of trackers have awesome features that I'm sure you will enjoy, I know this is not what you're expecting but can be a good opportunity to try something new. Thanks again for writing back!

Hope to keep seeing you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes