Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Not Working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!
Does anyone have the similar issue?

Below is only one of the runs with error that I have...

Note that from KM 9 to 10 the GPS is not tracking properly. (In fact the end of the run is at the start of the run!!!)

Is this about the signal? (at least in the screen shows that there is connection to the GPS).

Please note that I am not in a area with buildings or trees.

Is it possible to delete only the last KM to neutralize the error?

It is really disappointing as it changes completely the average pace and total time of the run.

ex1.jpg

Thanks

Bruno

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @brunovc, welcome aboard to our community. I wonder if this is happening with every run you tracked with your Surge? I would suggest if your tracker is has fixed your position and the signal is strong enough, to try with a restart:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim. 
2. Let go of the buttons. 
3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on. 

Unfortunately is not possible to delete the additional distance or edit a portion of this exercise.

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be searching for more information regard this issue.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @brunovc, welcome aboard to our community. I wonder if this is happening with every run you tracked with your Surge? I would suggest if your tracker is has fixed your position and the signal is strong enough, to try with a restart:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim. 
2. Let go of the buttons. 
3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on. 

Unfortunately is not possible to delete the additional distance or edit a portion of this exercise.

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be searching for more information regard this issue.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @RobertoME

thanks for your suggestion!

I have done it and I will use the fitbit and come back here to tell if it worked.

BR
Bruno

Best Answer

I am having similar issues. Today, my bike ride the GPS didn't register almost the first half of it. It showed only 19km when I did 31km.

It works well one day, and the other doesn't. And for walks as well. I already tried the restart. I usually turn off wifi so there's no problem with trying to connect to a network, just using my own 4G. 

Don't know what else to do... Is there any other solution?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mhm80, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I'm wondering how are you registering your GPS exercise, is it MobileRun or Connected GPS or your Surge GPS?

Regardless of this, the environment you are in can affect the signal strength of GPS. For example, if you are running in an urban environment with many tall buildings, it may take your GPS signal to get a fix location.

If is your Surge tracker, for best results, wait for Surge to find the signal before you start your workout. However, if you don't want to wait you may be able to use the Quick Start option. While Surge continues to look for the GPS signal it will use your step count to calculate distance traveled. In this scenario you can expect that your total distance calculated for the workout will be slightly less accurate than if GPS data was available for the duration.

Hope this helps, see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes