Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green lights flash all the time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I take my fitbit surge off the green lights never stop. This issue depletes my battery . 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @kdlamb, you may need to check the settings for your Surge.  On the Surge itself press the left button and then left swipe until you come to the settings menu, then scroll up or down to heartrate.  

If it is set to "on" the green lights will be on all the time (as you report).  

If it is on "auto" the green lights will turn off after you remove the tracker from your wrist and it has a few moments of stillness.  Note that on this setting if you move your Surge, or bump the table it is sitting on, the lights will turn on again and stay on until it again has been still for a few moments.  If you put your Surge near a vibration source (for example on top of your computer processor, or on a table with a fan) it is unlikely that it will ever be still enough for the lights to turn off and stay off.

If heartrate is set to "off" the lights should turn off completely and not turn on again until you change the setting back to "on" or "auto".

You can also make these changes on your app by selecting the Surge icon and on the device screen scrolling down to heartrate.  If you change settings on your app always make sure to sync your device.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @kdlamb, you may need to check the settings for your Surge.  On the Surge itself press the left button and then left swipe until you come to the settings menu, then scroll up or down to heartrate.  

If it is set to "on" the green lights will be on all the time (as you report).  

If it is on "auto" the green lights will turn off after you remove the tracker from your wrist and it has a few moments of stillness.  Note that on this setting if you move your Surge, or bump the table it is sitting on, the lights will turn on again and stay on until it again has been still for a few moments.  If you put your Surge near a vibration source (for example on top of your computer processor, or on a table with a fan) it is unlikely that it will ever be still enough for the lights to turn off and stay off.

If heartrate is set to "off" the lights should turn off completely and not turn on again until you change the setting back to "on" or "auto".

You can also make these changes on your app by selecting the Surge icon and on the device screen scrolling down to heartrate.  If you change settings on your app always make sure to sync your device.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer