Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to restart every time to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi there. For the last three months, I have really been struggling to sync my Fitbit Surge. Whether I am syncing from my Android Phone, iMac or windows laptop, I get the standard "Device not found" message. From there, I have to shut down the device, wait 10 seconds and restart the device to get it to sync. Then it syncs just fine. However, I am finding it annoying that I have to restart each time. There is also no way to update the firmware or anything. Hope you can help, Eddie
Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Curious...what phone do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moto Z Play Droid running Android 8.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
Thank you!

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here with my fitbit charge 3. On top of all the standard ongoing issues which I've basically adjusted to, since the latest update to the app I must reboot my device almost every time I want to sync it. This was never a problem in the past 9 months until now, just the past week. I've restarted my phone, hard closed the app and reopened. To no avail. It only will sync if I reboot the fitbit which is a pain.

Fitbit - fix your app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I’ve been back from vacation my old fitbit Flex has been fine. Using an iPhone SE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something that I noticed some days ago: you can try to shut it down and let it rest for an hour. That will restart the internal hardware, including the bluetooth radio.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hallelulah! My Fitbit Flex suddenly syncs just fine again. Fitbit must have fixed the bug. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Simular issue with my Blaze, ongoing for years now. Need to reboot android phone (oneplus Pro 7 with os version 10) and blaze to get it fixed. Will be my last and only Fitbit purchase.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you not read that the person reset his Fitbit Blaze your customer service stinks if I had an iPhone I would have an Apple watch

I have had a lot of problem in the last few weeks with connections and when I call they say we're going to escalator which means they don't know what they're doing and they're hoping that someone will be able to fix it at some time in the future  really

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Surge and I have also noticed that syncing it can be a pain.

On my Android phone, when Fitbit is working fine, I notice a new icon in my notification bar for the 'Fitbit Sync Service'.  If I select that I can manually sync, view challenges etc.  And everything works.

Well, for a few days...

Then I realise it hasn't synced for days.  Firstly, on my phone, the Fitbit Sync Service icon is no longer there.  On the app itself, when I try to sync it either completes the sync but doesn't upload all data (e.g. it uploads my steps, but no exercise data) or I just get a red exclamation point each time and sync fails.

So I do what everyone else does, uninstall the app, unpair the watch, reinstall the app, re-pair the watch, and even that process fails 9 times out of 10 on the app as it fails to find the watch itself.

So the way I solved this right now is on my Windows 10 PC.  I use the USB sync dongle (Fitbit base station) and install that and the Fitbit app from the Windows 10 Store.  I then use that app to pair my watch, and it works.

Once it finds the watch I can sync it on my computer and it doesn't fail.  It may take longer at the 'looking for tracker' stage, but it will always sync.

So, long story short: if your phone isn't syncing anymore, remove it all, then use the USB wireless dongle and your PC to sync it using the Windows 10 app instead.  For me it works far better and is much more reliable.

Hopefully this will help people on here.

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Solved, I now have a Garmin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I'll have to try that. Can Fitbit sync to both your phone and Windows 10? Or do I have to only choose one?
Claudia

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer
0 Votes