Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate dropping I need help

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I am 27 years old 6'4 268lbs. I do not really exercise that much. I did lose 15 lbs recently by dieting. My RHR used to be in the 70's now it's in the 50's. This has been going on before the weight loss. I was wondering if this is normal or should I be worried ?. Is the Fitbit surge accurate ?. It's as if I can tell when my HR is low because I start to feel weird, shaky and lightheaded. IMG_1130.PNG

IMG_1131.PNG

IMG_1132.PNG

IMG_1133.PNG

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LuisV27Thanks for popping by the forums. Thanks for the help @Odyssey13.Smiley Happy

Thanks for attaching those pictures with your information. Have you check these tips about accuracy for heart rate?

According to the National Institute of Health, a normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness. Cat Surprised

For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 - 60  beats a minute. Since you mentioned that you don't train a lot, as @Odyssey13 mentioned, you can check your HR with an expert. Fitbit trackers are not medical devices, they were created to support your training and motivate you towards your goals!

I think that whenever in doubt, it's better to double check! Woman Wink

Please keep me posted! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello and welcome to the forums @LuisV27

You really should ask your health care professional about this. They can tell you the range to expect for your heart rate based on your age and weight.

You ought to call and have a check up or at least an over the phone consult about this. Several things could be causing these symptoms and the Surge is not to be used as a medical device. The Fitbit can give you a general idea of your heart rate but why not verify it with your doctor.

Congrats on the weight loss and keep on your journey to better health.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 Thank you I appreciate it. 

Best Answer

Hi @LuisV27Thanks for popping by the forums. Thanks for the help @Odyssey13.Smiley Happy

Thanks for attaching those pictures with your information. Have you check these tips about accuracy for heart rate?

According to the National Institute of Health, a normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness. Cat Surprised

For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 - 60  beats a minute. Since you mentioned that you don't train a lot, as @Odyssey13 mentioned, you can check your HR with an expert. Fitbit trackers are not medical devices, they were created to support your training and motivate you towards your goals!

I think that whenever in doubt, it's better to double check! Woman Wink

Please keep me posted! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit Thank you so much for the info. I will definetly keep you posted 😊

Best Answer

Hi @LuisV27! You're welcome. It is always a pleasure take care of our happy Fitbitters. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer