Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate vs treadmill heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have just started running and I noticed that the heart rate on the machine was up to and over 40+ difference vs my Surge, I.e. 166 on the treadmill and my Surge was reading 122. I did place my weight into the machine, but could either by off by 40+. Please help, as if the 166 was tan accurate reading, I might need to keep a closer eye as that is between 85-100% zone.

Thanks for your time and input
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Have you experimented with placement of your Surge on your wrist.  I've found by cinching the my Surge down one notch and sliding it up toward my wrist I get the most accurate readings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Knight92 It's great to see you in the Community! Seems odd that your Surge is not tracking your heart rate accurately. I'd like you to try the tips that my friend @shipo shared. I also recommend taking a look at Vomitofthemind's post.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry, but I have tried all those posted to help before I posted my original message, which no one wanted to touch! 

For example today my Surge read, 140, at the highest while the elliptical read 157 and that was the closest during the work out which was at a steady state for 10 minutes.  So why is the Surge having problems reading during higher level cardio?

Why Should I have to take my pulse count for something I payed a fair amount to do the same thing?  How does one do this on a treadmill without ending up on the floor?!

Still have not heard anything from FitBit to give anything close to an excuse, let alone a reason why it would be spot on for weightlifting and then not for the elliptical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Altra it's 20 beats lower than the treadmill. I also tried all of the other things posted. Not sure what to do at this point.

@Knight92 wrote:

I am sorry, but I have tried all those posted to help before I posted my original message, which no one wanted to touch! 

For example today my Surge read, 140, at the highest while the elliptical read 157 and that was the closest during the work out which was at a steady state for 10 minutes.  So why is the Surge having problems reading during higher level cardio?

Why Should I have to take my pulse count for something I payed a fair amount to do the same thing?  How does one do this on a treadmill without ending up on the floor?!

Still have not heard anything from FitBit to give anything close to an excuse, let alone a reason why it would be spot on for weightlifting and then not for the elliptical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

The difference in the Heart rate between My Charge HR and Treadmill was about 20-30 readings. But recently I have been noticing that the Charge HR reads 108 whereas Treadmill is actually reading 180!! This goes with calories burnt as well. Treadmill = 300, Charge HR = 60 !!!

Any ideas how to get this fixed ? 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya I've been having the exact same issue with my ionic 2 Fitbit Adidas edition.  I am thinking (and could be totally way off here) that because the sensor is different in the watch setup it's off. I.e. not as accurate. Also, possibly because people normally have it on the top of the wrist (I do this) that it can't get an as accurate read of your pulse vs the bottom of wrist where you are supposed to manually feel for it.  I'm gonna try and place it on the bottom of my wrist to see if that helps, but I honestly doubt it. This is acrualla aggrevating me as I spent good money for this to work for this specific purpose.

Best Answer
0 Votes