Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical data from old Surge transferred to my new account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife got a new surge and I made a new account (different email) to use her old one.  All of her steps data is now in my account from when she was using it.  I'd like to clear it.  I could use some help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clairity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Grit2 thanks for getting back to me! That sounds about right. Smiley Happy If your wife didn't sync before giving you her tracker then that info will definitely be transferred to your own personal account. That's brilliant! I'm glad to read that our Support Team helped you out with this. They're wonderful! Smiley Wink

Please post back with the outcome after waiting for the timeout. I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Very Happy 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Grit2 welcome aboard! That's pretty weird. Cat Surprised Usually when you set up a tracker to a new Fitbit account all of the former owner's info should be deleted. If possible, please post me a screenshot about it so that I can further analyze. I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Cat Happy Cat Wink Heart 

Oh, and a restart might do the trick. Please try the following:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
I think it was latent data that hadn't been synced to my wife's account
before I tried to connect it to my account. I contact customer support and
they said the only way to get rid of the data was to delete my account.

I have since deleted my account and await the timeout so that I can
re-register with my same email address.
Best Answer

@Grit2 thanks for getting back to me! That sounds about right. Smiley Happy If your wife didn't sync before giving you her tracker then that info will definitely be transferred to your own personal account. That's brilliant! I'm glad to read that our Support Team helped you out with this. They're wonderful! Smiley Wink

Please post back with the outcome after waiting for the timeout. I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Very Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes