Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly 250 steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Surge is not recording the hourly 250 steps properly. It is temperamental and not consistently registering it or sometimes deletes already recorded data 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

How have you determined this? Do you carry a second tracker that's reflecting differently?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I calculate 300 steps to the total steps every hour to check. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 - Powered by Three
Best Answer
0 Votes

What's probably happening is the tracker takes a few steps to start recording steps, this is intentional to prevent accidental steps let's say just reaching for the phone when sitting, so it makes sense you'd "lose" a few, but if you're consistently moving and you have your stride length set correctly, it should be rather accurate. I've tried testing multiple trackers even before, sometimes they're off by a few steps for shorter steps like we're talking but for the overall day, relatively on target.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. It records correctly most of the time but some days it doesn't record correctly. Not a big issue. Just being temperamental I suppose. Just wanted to check if I can do to improve the accuracy Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 - Powered by Three
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Siva007 YW. You can improve accuracy slightly with the stride length; how Fitbit assumes our steps based on our leg length, but from my testing, even different Fitbits will track slightly different (tried using one not connected to my account and the same model connected and still a bit different). Comparing multiple trackers over the course of 24 hours they will all be different by several hundred steps. Overall, even if not completely accurate, it's fantastically motivating!

Best Answer
0 Votes