Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the phone number that my Fitbit is linked to?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I change the phone number that my Fitbit is linked to? I have a new phone number now, downloaded the app on my new phone, but I don't get a notification when I get an incoming phone call now that I'm using a different phone number. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
Did you turn on notifications in the Fitbit app? Aside, Have you synced your surge with your new phone?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
Look under settings in the surge and see if notifications are turned on.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

the Surge is not linked to a phone number, but to a terminal

you have to associate it

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US

Best Answer

Thanks for the answer 🙂 But i still dont get it, its hard to understad everything in english text / guidance

🙂 If u have the time can u please help me more direct to what im supose to do? Thank youSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you turn on notifications in the Fitbit app? Aside, Have you synced your surge with your new phone?
Best Answer
Yes, everything beside text and calls are working 🙂
Best Answer
Look under settings in the surge and see if notifications are turned on.
Best Answer
Its on 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @Katset,

I have an iPhone and here are the steps I would take, and what I would do is:
1 remove the surge from my Fitbit account
2 in Bluetooth settings forget the connection and turn off Bluetooth
3 turn on Bluetooth and go into the Fitbit app and add back the surge
4 make sure the options for calls and texts are enabled

Let us know!
Best Answer

NOW its working Smiley LOL Thank u Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it's working for you 🙂 eazy-peazy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave wrong Mobil number

Best Answer

how can you turn on notifications in the Fitbit app, or synced your surge with your new phone when you dont know how to change old cell or disconnected number to your current or updated cell number???

Best Answer
0 Votes

unfortunately hunnie they are not answering your question directly. I think they did not comprehend the "new" or "diffrent" number that the fit bit was originally set up to. Ive been struggling with this exact problem for the past 9 or 10 months. And I get that too, there is no understanding we all are not born with 1 telephone number and carry that number with us for the rest of our lives (like a social security number). i hope you find a solution such a waist of a couple hundreds of dollars you can only use as long as phone you have at that moment works I will keep an eye out for you too should I come across a solution 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into your account, 2 factor authentication, turn OFF 2 factor authentication, change your phone number there, then turn 2 factor back on.  Good luck!  

Best Answer
0 Votes