Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the run setting to walk?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you change the run setting to walk on the Surge?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

Hi @Mfmacdougall welcome, I'm glad to see you here in the Forums, your comments are very important for us! Cat Happy

Thanks for the steps you've tried until now. You can remove shortcuts on you Fitbit App by tapping on your your Charge 2 > tap on Exercise Shortcuts > swipe left on any shortcut to remove or drag handles to reorder. Then remember to sync your tracker to see the changes done. If this doesn't help you can restart your Fitbit Charge 2 too.

Let me know how this works for you.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

When I go into exercise I don’t have walking option. Also does Fitbit versa track all movement and nit just steps if so I would really like help in getting the walking option so I can keep track   Thx

How do you add the walking option.  It’s not on here.  Thx 

Best Answer

Hey there, @Terry-6265! How are you? 

Why don't you check in the Fitbit App under > Account > Versa > Exercise Shortcuts > + sign in the upper right corner. If you have 7 existing exercises there, you might have to delete one by swiping left on any shortcut to remove it.

Let me know how this worked for you!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thank you. I do that yesterday and was able to delete and find walking. The watch tracks all movement even when I moves my hands So was just trying to track steps when walking. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us and for describing the steps you have followed @Terry-6265.

Fitbit devices have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running.  When working at a desk, cooking, or doing other arm movements, a device on your wrist can pick up some extra steps if it thinks you're walking. Many of these situations—such as working or cooking—do include a few steps in-between stationary periods so the device tries to give you credit for those steps.

I recommend changing your Surge wrist setting to non-dominant wrist. The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps. Non-dominant is the default.

Please let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Removing, syncing, adding walk, syncing again is just not working for me. 😞 Are there any other suggestions?

After following the instructions I am still left with run, bike, swim, treadmill, weights, interval 1. I have no walk or hike. I have ignored and saved all of those options, synced and they are still there.

It shows on my phone not on my fitbit: run, walk, hike. The only things I want on my charge hr are walk, aerobic, and swim. I don't always need a map.

I must be missing something here because it says Jogger, so it looks like the question has been answered, but it shows no answer here. I am having trouble with this fitbit and need help. I don't feel I am getting it. Nothing I have read is working.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you change the settings on the dashboard on your computer?  That's where you can edit the settings.

hdm1961_0-1575249350215.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no "shortcuts"

Best Answer
0 Votes