Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for Elevation?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I check elevation during a hike?77

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you stepping into the Forums @Romy25! I moved your post to its own thread so that you can get a better response.

In order to check the elevation for a hike tracked with your Surge's GPS you only need to access the activity. To do that, follow these instructions:

1. Log into your Dashboard, either with an app or the website.

2. On the website, go to the log activities section. On the app, tap on the exercise tile.

3. On the website, look for the activity you wish to get details on and click on the 'Details' button that shows to the right of the activity. On the app, tap on the activity.

4. You should see all the details for that activity, including Elevation if the GPS was used.

I hope you find this useful! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

It's great to see you stepping into the Forums @Romy25! I moved your post to its own thread so that you can get a better response.

In order to check the elevation for a hike tracked with your Surge's GPS you only need to access the activity. To do that, follow these instructions:

1. Log into your Dashboard, either with an app or the website.

2. On the website, go to the log activities section. On the app, tap on the exercise tile.

3. On the website, look for the activity you wish to get details on and click on the 'Details' button that shows to the right of the activity. On the app, tap on the activity.

4. You should see all the details for that activity, including Elevation if the GPS was used.

I hope you find this useful! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I able to find Elevation on online fitbit webite, but am not able to see Elevation on Fitbit APP.

May I know the reason, can you please tell the steps how to check Elevation on Fitbit APP???

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Elevation45.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. Maybe you could vote for this idea to have Elevation in the app. If you have any questions in the way the Feature Suggestion board works, you can read the FAQ.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

Does not work - elevation only shows up through the web browser, why not the app? (FitBit Ionic and Sense)

Best Answer

I have same issue - this has been a problem for a number of years. 

Best Answer

They've locked the suggestion thread! 

This was is issue in 2018 and is still a very BASIC issue in 2022 - why are FitBit so useless? 

Best Answer

Agree I live in a very hilly part of the U.K. so elevation is a very important bit of fitness info missing, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone. 

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread. 

If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes