Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set "Move Reminders" on Surge?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all 🙂

How do I set up a reminder to move every hour on a FitBit Surge? Have tried following instructions but to no avail.

Want to make sure I get up from my desk and move around.

TIA 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

I'm afraid you can't. The reminder to move feature is currently only available on the Alta, Charge 2 and Flex 2. It is coming soon to the Blaze but fitbit have made no announcement about bringing it to the Surge.

Best Answer

Ah poo! Thanks Steve 🙂

Best Answer

@Classybyrd thanks for your suggestion. Add your votes and comments on Reminders to Move for Surge and Charge HR about adding reminders to move for Surge, cause just like @SteveH said it's not currently available for Surge.

Good luck! Cat Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This is unbelievable, Surge is the most expensive version of the Fitbit produt and must have all the features of the cheaper products. All they need is a sofware update to provide that feature. 

Best Answer

@ursijaz thanks for your feedback. Please note that our devs and engineers are always working on enhancing Fitbit trackers through firmware updates. However, we don't have any specific time frame for when or if  this will get implemented. Make sure that you add your comments and votes in the idea linked above

Catch you later! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Is updating the Surge to remind you to stand up going to be addressed? Disappointed that I upgraded from the Fitbit One for a lot more money and the cheaper solutions have this function. Will be reviewing other activity monitor solutions, maybe time to move on from Fitbit.

Best Answer

We are busy on projects! It is easy to lose track of the time, consequently, a move reminder would be greatly appreciated. It may be a feature to motivate prospective Fitbit customers. Thanks for your attention to this very important issue.

Best Answer

A decision not to include "a move reminder" which may only be a matter of program update, is not a solution. It is a business decision and one not in the favour of Surge owners.

Best Answer

@LABigDog @Honavar thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. I agree, this functionality would totally rock! Please guys, I really wouldn't like to give you false expectations by giving you an ETA on this. Give time to the idea to gain momentum; this feedback would be awesome to have in the Feature Suggestion itself. Add your votes and comments on Reminders to Move for Surge and Charge HR.

Thanks again for you patience my fellow Fitbitters! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

A workaround to achieve this is to set the timer to say 1 hour if you want to be reminded to move after 1 hour.Your fitbit would vibrate after it times out and you can move. And then set the timer again for the next hour.

Best Answer

Sorry, don't consider that a workaround, I can also set a timer on my phone or put an egg timer on my desk. I can also put a buzzer on the seat of my chair; I just think it should be addressed as a feature, looking for other watches and solutions. I'm disappointed with the Surge.

Best Answer

No - Surge hasn't updated in over a year and a half.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

Would love customizable reminders on Fitbit surge.  A pity the cheaper ones provide this, but the most expensive one doesn't? Developers, here is an opportunity to show you earn your keep! Especially nice would be to copy the option from your other models that sends a reminder like  "only 20 (or however many)  more steps to reach your hourly goal!"

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Greetings everyone!

@satyadeep @LABigDog @Cd118 @cmcdavecan

Thanks again for your feedback guys! Smiley Happy Here at Fitbit, we truly appreciate your comments on new features in our trackers. At the moment there are no updates for this feature; nevertheless, I recommend keeping an eye on the feature: Reminders to Move for Surge and Charge HR.

This board is constantly reviewed by our devs. However, I's like to let you guys know that there is no ETA for when or if this will get implemented. Thanks again for your patience! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I really hope they add this feature soon!

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by and for your feedback @Pah_ambler! Make sure you also give us your feedback in the Feature Suggestion called: Reminders to Move for Surge and Charge HR. In that way our devs and engineers can look at your comments there. 

Thanks for your understanding and patience with this. Catch you later! 

Best Answer

I agree!  Paid enough $ for it not to have this feature

Best Answer

Fitbit's refusal to update Surge with current features of newer, cheaper watches shows blatant contempt for the users willing to pay the most for the "best" product. I will not be bullied into buying the latest and greatest, nor will I reward such behavior with a repeat purchase.

Best Answer

Well said!!!

Best Answer