Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track reps of weight lifting feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings Fitbit Community,

I can't figure out a way to track weight lifting progress with my FitBit Surge. After selecting 'Weights' option, I only have a start/stop button, but that's it. I imagined there would be a count for each arm motion (let's say lifting a dumb bell) up and down, but nothing like that happens. I only see a timer going and calorie count, which seems super low. For example, after benching 3 sets of 12 reps, it shows that I've burned 16 calories which seems wrong.

Has anyone figured out how to track weight lifting? Things like running, elliptical, or most cardio is tracked fine, but this one thing seems like a total bust.

Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey @RedPandaVFX, nice to see you around! Thanks for posting your question. Smiley Happy

In regards to weight lifting your Fitbit uses your HR and your BMR information to calculate how many calories you burned when working out. If you notice that it is not a correct amount of calories please taken in count: 

Many exercises such as bike riding or weight lifting cause you to bend your wrist frequently, which could interfere with the heart-rate signal if the watch is lower on your wrist. 

User-added image

When doing weight lifting, your wrist muscles may flex in such a way that the band tightens and loosens during exercise. Try relaxing your wrist and staying still briefly (about 10 seconds), after which you should see an accurate heart-rate reading. Note that your device will still provide accurate calorie burn readings during these types of exercise by analyzing your heart rate trends over the course of the workout.

At this moment there is no other option to track this activity. I think your suggestion is an excellent idea and I would like to encourage you to vote and place your comments in this request that was already suggested here: Weight lifting feature on dashboard, members of the Community can place new ideas in this board so they can be implemented in a future update, this is the best way to make your voice heard.

We're building ourselves every day to be better and satisfy as many users we can, and this type of comments help us to grow. 

Thanks again and I hope to keep seeing you around! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer