Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a surge that you cant swipe

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

good evening  i bought a surge it will not swipe or tap tried to restart it i have done this for a few hours to no vale it will not swipe at all  so any one with a magic touch that can help please let me know how to fix the problem and i will thank you in advanced    

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I have the same issue now....it was fine until 2 days ago, and then just stopped.  I tried the reset via the home key and bottom right key, I have let it go dead and recharged...all to no avail.  I had this happen on rare occasion in the past, but the reset always resolved.   Now, nothing....this was a replacement for the one that lost it's band (another common issue with surge).

Best Answer

Seems as if it's a common problem but in the end of it all is the fact it can't be factory reset like all other watches, and there's no authorized repairers 

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @firstegg!  Thanks for sharing your feedback @Mallan6, hope you got help from support.

Thanks for details on your post and for the attempts to solve the issues with your Surge. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly.  Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

thank you, but support have not contacted me as they must be busy improving the fitbit caring and sharing with other more important people who don't have a surge, live life with a surge! 

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer

I have the same problem as many of  here. My surge stopped swiping 2 days ago.  At first it was getting stuck in between swipes.  Now it won’t swipe at all, reset it multiple times. I can only see the clock and nothing else :(.

Best Answer

Why would anyone pay$250.00 for a watch that only lasts for a couple of years. TIMEX lasts a whole lot longer for much much less!!!!!

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Arunas. Thank for trying those steps, please try these syncing steps to reconnect your Fitbit. Some users also have reported better outcome if they do an small changes on the Settings and then try force sync the Surge with a compatible device. 

For example changing the time zone in Advanced Settings in the Fitbit app (under the Time Zone option, turn off "Set Automatically", select a random time zone different from home time zone, and re-sync). You can change it back later on. Good luck!

@Mallan6 Can you please confirm when was the last interaction that you have with Fitbit via email?

@Jocahop1 Thank you for your feedback. I'd suggest trying the steps above but if that's not working, please let me know so I can request for you.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for your replay. Unfortunately your approach with time zone change didn't help to fix issue. I tried many options recommended on this and other forums, but it looks like it is Surge technical issue :-(.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for trying those steps @Arunas.

Sorry to heart that your Surge is not responding. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please reply back to the last email that you from them, they will glad to give you a  hand with this.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer

I have trouble swiping mine, but the screen is damaged.  I would get water in it now and then and pack it in silica gel to dry it out.  The last go-around, I was on a cruise with no silica gel and no way to get any nor anything like it.  After a week, the damage was obvious.  I can still swipe it.  It takes a very light touch in exactly the right place.

Best Answer

Hi @gernt, thanks for positing your experience and for trying those steps with your Fitbit.

All Fitbit trackers and watches are water-resistant, which means they are rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. If your tracker gets wet you can place it into a bowl of dry rice for 24 hours. This will extract any moisture that remains inside the device.

Remember that whenever you get your device wet, dry it thoroughly before putting it back on. Please see more water resistance information and wear and care tips for your device: 

-For more information about your water resistant device, please see: Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? 

-For wear and care tips, please see Product and care tips

If you're having issues with your Fitbit swipe, let me know so I can see the next step. 

Best Answer

Yeah, I have plenty of experience in getting water out of my Surge.  It's not all that water resistant.  That's the reason I had silica gel.  It's faster than rice.  But if you happen to be stuck where you can't even get rice, c'est la vie.

Best Answer
0 Votes