Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on my 2nd Surge in 11 months

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My husband purchased me the Surge for Christmas 2015. By July the screen had stopped swiping and the band had split under the unit by the screws. I had a replacement in July 2016. It's now just overy 3 months since I had my replacement and the band is coming away by the screws under the unit and just next to the watch face the band has completely come loose to the point where I keep catching it on clothes etc.

To be honest I don't want another replacement I would like a full refund. Faulty from the start!
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately the terms of the warranty (see link below) don't allow for a refund, only for a replacement.

www.fitbit.com/returns

Unless you live in the EU the warranty only runs for 12 months so you may want to contact customer support about your latest issues sooner rather than later.

Best Answer

Hi Steve

I am aware of the warranty as it was explained to me when I had my fist replacement. It's a bit naughty of fitbit though as I have read many a post on here about faulty bands. Must be costing them a fortune.

I really wish this infomation was available when my husband bought it, I may have asked for a different watch. Expensive lesson learnt. 

Thanks for the reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @LisaRe, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to our Community.

As @SteveH mentioned before, refunds not apply after 45 days you made the purchased of your tracker. I think Warranty policies can narrow many possibilities sometimes. however I also believe that the devices functionality relies on many other factors that can't be foreseen, so parting from that principle I understand as well why warranty policies are needed. 

I would suggest to contact back our Support Team for additional help. I'm sure they will find other alternative to help you.

Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you again.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes