Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time zone hour in my Surge while travelling.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Surge is not indicating the right hour. I was travelling in a different time zone, the hour was up-dated, but coming back I still have the other time zone hour. The Surge is set to display the network hour...

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Silkimmi. If your Surge is displaying an incorrect time, I recommend changing your timezone to a complete different one, sync your tracker, put the correct time and sync again. You can do this by doing the following from your Android phone:

1. Tap the Settings icon

2. Tap Account

3. Tap Settings

4. Turn off "Automatic time zone"
5. Tap Select time zone

6. Select your timezone

7. Sync

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Welcome to the Community @Silkimmi. If your Surge is displaying an incorrect time, I recommend changing your timezone to a complete different one, sync your tracker, put the correct time and sync again. You can do this by doing the following from your Android phone:

1. Tap the Settings icon

2. Tap Account

3. Tap Settings

4. Turn off "Automatic time zone"
5. Tap Select time zone

6. Select your timezone

7. Sync

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Excelent! Works from the first time. Tnx.

Best Answer

And for me.    Unfortunately it is one hour out as the Cayman Islands do NOT put their clocks forward for summertime but your database thinks they do.   Could you please inform the techs of this mistake.?   Meanwhile I told my Surge we ae in Bogota and it display the right time:-)

Best Answer

I have been working on this time problem since I took a trip from the Central time zone to the Eastern time zone for Thanksgiving.   It is always one hour fast.  I can not get it back to Central time zone.  It is even still one hour ahead of Central time, when my phone is now set to London time. My Surge seems not to be taking direction from my Samsung S7 Edge.

I went to the Fitbit Edit profile page and set the time zone to Central (it was some how still on Eastern.)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

I set my phone back to Automatic and all is good after a synch.

OMG!!! WTF???

My Surge seems to take direction from the website not my phone, at least for time zone!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hey there @Silkimmi! Thanks for getting back wit the resolution of the workaround you tried. You're very welcome, feel free to come back to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle. Heart

Welcome to the Forums @alanrichey. I'd like to know the name of the city where you are located and which is the time zone that your Account is using to give you the time. Using Bogota location in your time zone is a okay workaround but I want to make sure of all the information before passing the feedback to the team. Smiley Wink

Thank you for the head up @VickieD! And for checking the timezone in your Dashboard, it sounds like your Account wasn't recognizing the Automatic option before so when you tried with the Dashboard online it woked. If that happens again, please access to the Fitbit App and reboot the "Automatic", by syncing the Surge while it is off and then again while it is on. It should do the trick. Smiley Wink

Let me know if you have more questions! Cat Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the Forums @alanrichey. I'd like to know the name of the city where you are located and which is the time zone that your Account is using to give you the time. Using Bogota location in your time zone is a okay workaround but I want to make sure of all the information before passing the feedback to the team. Smiley Wink

Georgetown on Grand Cayman.  And time zone is America/Cayman.  As I said in my message your database assumes the Cayman Islands use +1 hr for summer time.  They don't, the clocks stay the same all year round.

Best Answer

Good morning @alanrichey! Thanks for the clarification. Sure thing, I'll pass this information along to our team so you can have the option there in the future. I think that using a different time zone informaton as a good workaround, but, have you tried to use the Automatic Time Zone Settings on your Fitbit App? If  your phone is using the Automatic Time zone in the Settings, it should be able to send  that information to your Fitbit App to get the correct time. I did so, I think it might work for you too. Smiley Embarassed

I'll be around in case that you have questions about it! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid I gave up on that settings very early on.  It just didn't work for me, I was spending hours in a new country with the wrong time displaying.   So I had to revert to manually setting it.  

Best Answer

How are you @alanrichey? Don't you worry I understand, it's difficult to be in a foreign country with so many changes in your life, it's understandable. I though about that idea as it's easier but you should do what works for you. It'll be always a pleasure try to help! Smiley Wink

Let me know if you have more questions about it, enjoy your day.  Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn't work on my Surge. I tried it several times and the time still shows incorrectly.

Best Answer

This did not work for me still stuck in Mnt. Time Zone and Live in Eastern....

Best Answer

Thank You so much for this tip! I have been trying for 4 days to get my timezone changed back. This finally worked!

Thanks Again!

Best Answer

Hi @SamFad, thanks for getting back to me! Cat Indifferent

Thanks for the headsup @JulieDee99!

@SamFad You can try these steps to change the time on your Surge using the computer. By going to the Fitbit.com Dashboard, click on "Settings" in the gear icon in the upper right corner. After you do those changes you can sync with your phone the information. Some users reported that by doing it on the computer did the trick.

Keep me posted please! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

clear, concise instructions and it worked! My only question: can I consider this a fluke and go back to set automatic time zone to see if this function works for me in the future?

Best Answer
I have not tried to do that yet. When I travel I just log in and change
time zones to save time and frustration of waiting hours for it to change
on its own. Happy Travels!
Best Answer
Makes sense. Thanks!
Best Answer

Right, just returned from a cruise and had major problems with this.  Hopefully I am missing something.  

During the cruise the timezone was regularly changed on a number of nights while we were at sea,   So I changed the timezone on my iPhone and also in the Advanced Settings of the FitBit app.   Nothing happened, so I assumed I needed to sync the Surge with the iPhone.   Unfortunately it would not sync as I didn't have an internet connection.   Once I got ashore and found a WiFi hotspot I was able to sync and the Surge showed the correct time.   But that meant I spent the majority of the cruise with my watch showing the wrong time.

What was I missing ?

Best Answer

Hi @kwsurge17@JulieDee99 and @alanrichey! I'm happy to see you here guys! Woman Very Happy

Sorry for all the inconvenience with the Time Zone feature, here you will find some quick troubleshooting steps that you can try while traveling to help your little buddy to recognize the correct time zone! @kwsurge17 You can try the automatic option to see if this is working now! 

@alanrichey You need to consider that since your tracker updates information during syncing, if your phone is changing time while traveling your tracker should pick that information too. But in this case I think that the tracker got confused since information is constantly changing, anyhow please follow those tips and I hope you don't have same issue again!

Happy stepping, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, you didn't answer my question:  Let me state it EXACTLY:

1.  Do you have to sync the device with the Fitbit app to get it to match the time on the iPhone ?

2.  If so, how do you sync the device if you do not have an Internet connection ?

Best Answer