Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in resting heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am jogger and used to have 3-4 times per week jogging in the past with avg RHR between 58-62 .

since last one month I have reduced my exercise by 2 times per week due to problem in my knee. 

My RHR now remains in a range of 63-70 . Next day of jogging reduces RHR by 1-2 beats but then again starts increasing at a rate of 1beat/ day.

Is this change in increasing RHR, due to reduction in exercise volume or some other reason ?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @spsngh! Hope you're doing great in your daily workouts! Sorry about your knee, hope you get better soon! Heart

You have a really good question. Your heart rate may be affected by any a number of factors at any given moment throughout the day. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication use are just a few things that can affect your heart rate. Different medical conditions and medications can impact your heart rate that's why it's important to consult your doctor before starting an exercise routine.

It's great to know that you're really interested in getting more information about those changes in your HR, so next time you go to your doctor you might check with him the next information:

• High environmental temperatures during exercise can increases your heart rate above normal levels because your heart has to send blood to your skin to cool you down while continuing to supply blood to your working muscles.
  • During long-duration exercise, your heart rate may gradually increase, even if you maintain a set pace. This "cardiovascular drift" occurs as you lose water through sweating and as your heart directs more blood to your skin in order to cool you down. 
  • All your body's systems depend on oxygen, and your heart must continue to feed all your tissues while you exercise. According to the book "Essentials of Exercise Physiology," many other things affect heart rate during exercise, including your emotional state, how much food you've eaten prior to exercise, your body position and whether the exercise is continuous or characterized by periodic bursts. With regular training, your heart becomes stronger and pumps a greater volume of blood with less effort. Your muscle cells grow more mitochondria and become more efficient at extracting and using oxygen, decreasing demand during exercise.

Hope this helps! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @spsnghFeel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips.

This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: You know you're a Fitbit addict when...... or Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here!

I'll be around in case that you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes