Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions not clear for setting timer on my Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don’t understand the instructions for setting the timer on my Fitbit Surge. Step 4 is “Select the minutes and seconds of the timer duration, then tap the check mark icon or press the Select button to set the timer.” Please can someone tell me exactly what to do to “Select the minutes and seconds”

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

press top-righ button

adjust minutes and seconds

save by bottom-right button

Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem turns out to be that I didn't realise that once a timer has
started, there does not appear to be any way of cancelling it. I must have
started it accidentally and then could only see 10:00 when I tried to reset
it. My son advised letting the timer run down, and now I do see the
sliders for setting the time. Is there actually anyway of telling the
timer to reset itself?
Best Answer
0 Votes

to stop a running timer push bottom-right

to reset it push  top-right

when finished, it resets itself

nothing strange, nothing hard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I might start believing in magic J Before I posted to the forum I was not
seeing the settings gear wheel in the top right corner. Now I see it.
thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @NatalieK1! Welcome to the Family! Than you for jumping in to help @SunsetRunner! Heart

@NatalieK1 If you have time please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle. Smiley Wink

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly my question.  How does one set the minutes and seconds???

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you make the adjustment.  Details please!

Best Answer

Hi @p40murf, welcome to the Forums! You will find all the details on how to use the timer, in the Fitbit Surge manual on page 11, it includes pictures. Hope this helps!

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw that instruction, but it doesn't explain HOW to set the minutes and a seconds.
Best Answer

Hi @p40murf, thanks for the clarification. You can set the minutes and seconds, by tapping on the gear icon with your fingers (see the upper right corner of the picture) with your fingers or pressing the upper right button when you get this screen:

timer.JPG

There you can select the minutes and seconds of the timer duration, then tap on the check mark icon or press the Select button. If the Surge is nor responding you might have to restart it a couple of times.

Hope this helps! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes