Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inviting people to challenges who aren't friends

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

For a number of weeks I've been taking part in challenges with a great group of people but not of them are my friends. How have they managed to invite me and can I invite them to challenges I start?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Lillybeth5 and @jobothahobo! Nice to see you again @SteveHSmiley Happy

Adding more details to the information that @SteveH explained. I some that is not in your friend list sends you an invitation for a Challenge; you will be prompted to join the Challenge or Decline the invitation. Since if you accepted you will be friend of this person. 

Challenges.png

Now, If I want to invite a someone that is not my friend I need to have the contact on my phone or have him on Facebook. In the contact must have the email address of this person.

@jobothahobo You can prevent from this to happen changing the Settings on your Fitbit Account from the Fitbit.com Dashboard in a computer. 

privacy friends.JPG

Hope this helps! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You can only challenge people that you are friends with. However, they, in turn, can extend the challenge to their friends, some of whom may not be on your friends list. This means that not everyone on your challenge has to be on your friends list.

If you want to challenge these people yourself you will need to friend them first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone who wasnt my friend invited me to a challenge and I didnt understand how this could happen. I checked my settings and had allowed fitbit access to my contacts. - Not any more...especially from this particular person that challenged me 😕

Best Answer

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Lillybeth5 and @jobothahobo! Nice to see you again @SteveHSmiley Happy

Adding more details to the information that @SteveH explained. I some that is not in your friend list sends you an invitation for a Challenge; you will be prompted to join the Challenge or Decline the invitation. Since if you accepted you will be friend of this person. 

Challenges.png

Now, If I want to invite a someone that is not my friend I need to have the contact on my phone or have him on Facebook. In the contact must have the email address of this person.

@jobothahobo You can prevent from this to happen changing the Settings on your Fitbit Account from the Fitbit.com Dashboard in a computer. 

privacy friends.JPG

Hope this helps! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes