Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the surge compatible with Moto E 4th generation?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see that Moto E is listed on the device compatibility list, does this include Moto E4 (4th generation)?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

It does not, but that does not mean it will not work. I have a new LG G6 that is not on the list and it works just fine. There are no guarantees though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone give me a concrete answer?  I don't want to end up buying another phone and find out it does not get calls or text messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anybody know?  There has to be someone who has a Moto E4 and a Fitbit?  and should be able to say if it's compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just bought a Moto E4, installed Fitbit app and it isn't syncing with my Fitbit. Still having to do it through my iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Moto G5s is not in the list, but works well with my Surge.

Moto E4 specifications read. No reason it doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes
Two days and a Fitbit app update later and it is syncing on my phone 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Moto G (3rd generation) that is not on the compatible list any more. I'm sure it was when I bought the phone? It used to sync not a problem, however after an App update on my phone it stopped working and was a real pain to sync. To sync my Surge to my phone now I need to go into my Bluetooth settings an manually connect my surge to my phone. I sometimes need to turn off my surge and then turn it on again before it connects. Once I have connected manually through Bluetooth it seems to sync OK, but can take a while. Needless to say because it does not connect automatically I no longer get any notifications. Not over happy, but at least it works. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .sort of!

Best Answer
0 Votes

12 months ago- i gave up.  Samsung s4 wouldnt stay synched. I have a wrok around that i synch with my laptop and it then gives me 2-3 phone synch till it gets tired and forgets the connection again . 

Boggle.

My Moto X was a dream with this tracker.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/My-surge-will-not-find-my-new-phone/m-p/1692126#M60274

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find out if a Moto E4 works with the Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it's working, but not getting text notifications to it. Tbh I haven't been over concerned to try to see if there is a fix for this. Everything else works so I'm happy.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope! I ended up buying an Iphone for total compatibility.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased the Fitbit Versa and the Moto E4 (from T-Mobile) this week and ALL my notifications are working so far. I'm very happy with it so far!

Best Answer
0 Votes