Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to renew the contacts on my Surge (possibly using gold leaf)?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge has gotten very cranky about getting recharged. I have to jiggle it considerably when inserting the charging cable before it starts charging. I replaced the charging cable, which helped a bit, but it appears the female connectors on the Surge itself have gotten worn. There ought to be a way to renew them with a bit of solder, thin metal wire, or gold leaf.

Has anyone had any success in renewing/refurbishing the contacts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Here is the official Fitbit advise:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Trackers & Watches

We recommend that you occasionally:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
    1. Use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
    2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
  • Clean the pins on your charging cable:
    1. Clean the pins carefully with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
    2. Make sure that no pieces of the swab are left behind.

Also see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Here is the official Fitbit advise:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Trackers & Watches

We recommend that you occasionally:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
    1. Use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
    2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
  • Clean the pins on your charging cable:
    1. Clean the pins carefully with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
    2. Make sure that no pieces of the swab are left behind.

Also see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes