Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture under screen of the surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got caught in a pop up thunderstorm while running, Apparently the Surge isn't as water resistant as it says it is. I ended up with moisture under the screen. Fit bit service wont help me because I bought it from ebay even though it was new in the package. Because eBay is not an authorized dealer. Which is a loosing battle the warranty should still apply.  Anyway does anyone have suggestion on how to get my tracker working again. the screen works fine I just cant swipe to different views. I have put it in rice now three different times for numerous hours and overnight, and that does clear it up and the nit works for a moment but then when I change atmospheres it will fog up again and I can't work the screen again. 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

My display just lost about 50% of it's display due to condensation...the numbers are there just can not be seen.  Customer support said to put it in a bowl of rice. Which is an o.k. short term solution but long term nothing.  Company needs to get it's act together or do the right thing and close it's doors

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Joenorm and @dpatrick, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for placing your feedback about Fitbit product. @dpatrick Although, Fitbit Surge is water resistant which means that it can take sweat and splash, as you mentioned due to atmosphere changes yours had some difficult time on the display. Most of the time our Support Team takes care of those issues, but since your tracker doesn't meet the warranty requirements we've found a bump in the road! Smiley Embarassed

You might let your tracker in a bow of rise until battery drains out completely and then charge it again, but as you said it might happen again. I think that you also have the option to get in touch with the person that sold it to you. He might give you a hint of the store it was purchased or any proof or purchase to claim its warranty. I hope you can solve this issue to keep using your Surge!

@Joenorm I've just checked your case with our team and I was informed that they are handling the case directly with you, thanks for getting in touch with them. I'm pretty sure they will solve this for you. Please let me know if you need more help or have any other question!

I'll be around guys! Woman WinkHeart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
The issue is well into the resolution phase. Do you have an opinion on
screen and watch covers that are available on places like eBay. I want to
protect my Surge to the max.
Thanks
Joe
Best Answer

Hi @Joenorm! Thanks for getting back, I'm glad to know that you're in the resolution phaseSmiley Happy

A screen or watch cover for Fitbit Surge is not currently available. I think your suggestion is an excellent idea and I would like to encourage you submit your vote or comment on this suggestion that similar to the one you're asking for: Screen protector for Fitbit trackers. Our Feature Suggestions board is the perfect place where members of the Community can comment and vote for new ideas; so it can be implemented in a future update. This is the best way to make your voice heard.

See you around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have tried rice, and lab grade descant,It does work until I use it on a run aka sweat with it on. therefore Its not working. and now to add to this lemon of a very expensive training watch, the wrist band is beginning to bubble aka loosing its adhesiveness.  I don;t understand how it doesn't meet a warranty. The warranty is Fitbit issued therefore its ridiculous, that it being new unopened in the package bought form someplace that doesn't buy in bulk and have a contract with you makes the warranty not apply. Its still a FItbit with your company name all over it. Do you just not want to recognize the fact that yes mass production flaws do happen? I'm not looking to get anything from this beyond a correctly working tracker. that s all I want. Do you know how frustratiing it is to try and  train with a tracker that is joke? and have spent a ton of money on a tool to help to find out its junk and your not willing to stand behind the product you sell? This is the top of the line track you manufacture. These issue should not be happening. 

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. If a percentage has manufacturing defects that
number should be promptly replaced by Fitbit.

I just got a "sleeve" for my Surge as well as a screen protector.....both were bought on eBay for less than $5 total, sleeve came from Asia.  Sleeve will protect side buttons from moisture and watch looks cooler...in my opinion.

Joe

Best Answer

Hi @Joenorm and @dpatrick! I know that some of you maybe questioning about the quality of Fitbit but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

I'll be around if you have questions! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
It appears some have moisture issues with their device.
If I created policy, I would send the owner of the moisture complaint
device a replacement and accompany the device with a return mailer to
Fitbit. I would examine the returned device and determine precisely what
caused the problem. After a pattern a repair would be forthcoming. I
don't know how many have had issues but it appears the problem is ongoing.
Best Answer

@Joenorm Thanks for your thoughts and comments in regards Fitbit Surge. I'll pass along this information and share it to our team. In case that you need more help with your Fitbit Warranty let me know, so I can request our Team to contact you directly.

See you around! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had this issue in the last week with my Fitbit surge! I originally bought it in 2015 and it was having some issues, so Fitbit made an exception for me and replaced it in September 2017 which was very nice of them. It was working great until this past week when all of the sudden condensation started appearing under the screen. I work out frequently but have never had this issue before. The watch did not come into contact with any water- no rain, no shower water, NOTHING! There is no reason this should have happened other than a defective product. After speaking on the phone with an agent AND through the chat feature, they are only willing to offer me a 25% discount on another Fitbit product. Why would I continue pouring money into a company that clearly doesn't stand by their products? It's disappointing that Fitbit will only commit to the quality of their watches during the warranty period. They sent me a defective replacement product that has lasted 3 months and they are clinging to the one year warranty policy instead of valuing their customers' experience. I will not be buying any more Fitbit products and I encourage you to do the same! 

Best Answer
I agree with you. The Surge has a moisture problem that might become a
major operational issue. Just why some have a problem and some do not
needs investigation.
It seems trading your device for a new model would be appropriate. Fitbit
could examine your Surge and pinpoint problem areas.
Best Answer

Update: The watch is now completely non-functional. I will be keeping it in a bowl of rice for a few days to see that if helps. Otherwise, I guess I'm out the almost $300 this watch costs me since Fitbit will not replace this replacement they sent me in September. 

Best Answer

They have good product ideas but quality control and pre production testing
is pitiful. 

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

The year is 2020. I bought a brand new Fitbit Surge and have encountered this issue. I have had the same moisture trapped under my Fitbit screen for about a week now. I just now today decided to look up my issue and see if others have experienced it. Not only did others experience this but it irritates me that these reports were years ago and this problem is still going on. I hate to say it but I dont think Fitbit cares about their products anymore. I just began with Fitbit and Im already thinking about being done with them because of this. Not a happy customer 😕

Best Answer