Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit surge is vibrating during charging at night and logs steps.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have observed that my Fitbit surge vibrates after getting fully charged and logs steps. It disturbs my sleep and have to disconnect the charge cable.

does anyone have this issue?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That could be happening if the connection to the FitBit isn't secure and it's disconnecting/reconnecting intermittently. The design of spring clips on the side of the connector isn't great and if the Surge or cable has some strain on it it will come out a bit and then spring back in causing it to vibrate on reconnect. Make sure the port on the Surge is clean and that the cable has no strain during charging to see if that helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

That could be happening if the connection to the FitBit isn't secure and it's disconnecting/reconnecting intermittently. The design of spring clips on the side of the connector isn't great and if the Surge or cable has some strain on it it will come out a bit and then spring back in causing it to vibrate on reconnect. Make sure the port on the Surge is clean and that the cable has no strain during charging to see if that helps.

Best Answer

Halo @jj415 thanks for stopping by! Thank you for your participation in the forums @TwoBitCat Wink

Thanks a million for the help @jj415, that's an excellent workaround. It's good to see that we have a lot of Fitbit experts around! Robot LOL

@jj415 Thanks for making @TwoBit's post as an accepted solution.  Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. Feel free to come back in case you need anything else! 

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?  And have some fun interacting with other Fitbitters! Cat Embarassed

See you around! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Somehow the issue has returned. It still vibrates and logs it as steps taken. This morning it had logged over 9000 steps. The belt is also torn and it cannot be replaced. So I have decided to throw it in the river and go for something else. Very disappointed with my surge. I did not expect to fail in such a short time. 

Thanks for the reply from community. You guys are Great. Will miss you all as I may go to some other tracker.

thank you,

jay

Best Answer

Hi @jj415, thanks for getting back, sorry about the steps issues and about your Surge band! Robot Embarassed

If you're considering taking the option that our Support Team gave you, we'll be here to keep assisting you or if you want to enjoy of our Discussions board, feel free to look aroundHeart

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Hope to see you soon! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes