Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Surge is frozen!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am totally lost, I just bought my fitbit surge and the watch seems frozen.  The three buttons do nothing.  There are issues syncing with the computer.  I really need a manual or something to follow and don't know where to find one.  Why don't the buttons on the watch do anything???

Moderator's edit: clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried resetting the Surge?  If not perform the following steps.  This reboots the unit software.  Generally folks say you should restart about 3 times in a row:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

You can find the surge manual here.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community family @newbie11Smiley Happy

I noticed that our good friend @wtksk8r has offered a few suggestions to help resolve your issue. If so, I invite you to mark this post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions

If this didn't resolve your inquiry, I’ll be more than glad to lend you a hand with that!

Please keep me posted! Woman Very HappyHeart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer