Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Surge will not "Connect" to my music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Surge and am generally happy with the product. One of the features I was excited for was music control. After 5 or so minutes fiddling with the Bluetooth and following the online guide I was ready for music control (and yes, on the Bluetooth screen it says "Surge (Classic)", as per instructions). I looked up how to control said music and I double pressed the home button and it brought me to the music screen where I gleefully saw the song I was currently listening to show up on the Surge. This only lasted for merely half a second however and the words on the screen read "Connecting." I exited out of the screen and double pressed the button again and the same screen showed up. I unpaired "Surge (Classic)" and repaired it and yet the same screen occurs. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community  @zigwammy! Thanks for letting me know that you followed this procedure to properly set music control in your Surge and phone. I would like you to follow these steps to try to fix this issue: 

If you were previously able to control music but now see "Not connected" or "Connecting..." on your Surge, test whether you're able to control music after trying each of these troubleshooting tips:

• On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Surge (Classic) is connected. If you no longer see Surge (Classic) on the list, set up music control again.
  • Confirm that Surge is within approximately 20 feet of your phone.
  • Under Settings on Surge, confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to "Pair."
  • Try switching Bluetooth Classic from "Pair" to something else and then back to "Pair."
  • Restart your phone.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes