Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My surge will not find my new phone.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having a tough time since my old phone broke about a month ago.

I have access to my account and all sorts of good stuff- Basically I had a motorola MotoX and it was a good time. Although synching was troublesome at times it worked.

I now have a samsung S4 and downloaded the fitbit app. Had a tough time managing to pair the phone and watch. Eventually I got it paired but it would never actually synch. I have tried uninstalling the app. - Turning off watch. Turning off phone. Restarting bluetooth - reinstalling the tracker. It just say can not pair with the tracker or can not find it - now I have actually deleted the surge to try reconnect to the account and it can not be found. Very frustrated.

Last ditch attempt to test was to pull out the old cracked phone and power up- and see if it would synch.

Turned on wifi and bluetooth- opened app and synched. 30 seocnds later poof- done!

Is my account locked to this phone?

How do I link it to my new phone? I am using the same number. Same account- just a new handset.

Please help.

-------------------------------

In case your looking to view my account info - yes I have now paired tracker- it was a last ditch attempt to clean boot everything. Now I can not even reconnect the tracker to my account !!  🙂 It is a fine mess.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @tobingj, it is possible that your Surge is still connected via Blue Tooth to your old phone, even though it is not connected in the app.  Since you still have your old phone, I would fire it up again and then go to the phone's Blue Tooth settings.  If your Surge is listed there delete/ forget the Surge.  

If that was causing your problem your new phone should then be able to find the Surge.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hi, @tobingj, it is possible that your Surge is still connected via Blue Tooth to your old phone, even though it is not connected in the app.  Since you still have your old phone, I would fire it up again and then go to the phone's Blue Tooth settings.  If your Surge is listed there delete/ forget the Surge.  

If that was causing your problem your new phone should then be able to find the Surge.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Best Answer

Julia. I thought that makes no sense. It is a piece of technology. It has no memory. It connects to what I command it to. It can have lots of BT connections.

Wrong. It was still in love with my old phone. That phone was in airplane mode with bluetooth and wifi off and dead in a drawer out of range. Once I turned it on and eliminated the bluetooth connection I opened the app on my new phone and bam. A new lover. Loyal but fickle is the surge tracker.

You're a goddess. Thanks. 🙂

Best Answer

@tobingj, I am so glad that worked!  And thank you for your knd words.  It is not the first time I have been called a goddess, but it has been about 40 years...

Best Answer

Hey there @tobingj! I was just passing by to invite you to check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals.Heart

It's great to know that you found your solution here in the Forums, thank you @Julia_G for the great help! Smiley Wink

Have a good one!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sad to say it was fleeting. At 7:58 pm yesterday my tracker synced then no more. My phone cannot find the tracker. I tried turning it on and off again along with phone. Twas all good then nothing. It is not paired with the old phone. I checked despite being 6 miles away at time of last synch.

Any ideas?

Out of last 5 weeks I have 2 days working. Not great. 😞

Edit-  Tried again this morning - can not find the tracker.  😞 😞

Best Answer

Good morning @tobingj! Thanks for the details, let's try to do a couple of steps to make your syncing last longer. Check that both phone and Fitbit App are up to date. Forget the Surge from your phone's bluetooth. Reboot your phone's bluetooth, open the Fitbit App and pair them again by tapping on "Account".  You will find the "Setup a new device" there. Smiley Wink

Finally, check this amazing tips to keep your Samsung syncing all day! Heart

I'll be around in case you need more help. Robot LOL

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi yojana.  When I am in account the surge is still visible. Do I remove /delete it before adding the surge again?. If I leave it there and try replace it - it asks if i am installing a newwill I loose my historical data since May this year . It is bad enough I have lost my November data. Do not wish to loose everything.

Thanks

@YojanaFitbit wrote:

Good morning @tobingj! Thanks for the details, let's try to do a couple of steps to make your syncing last longer. Check that both phone and Fitbit App are up to date. Forget the Surge from your phone's bluetooth. Reboot your phone's bluetooth, open the Fitbit App and pair them again by tapping on "Account".  You will find the "Setup a new device" there. Smiley Wink

Finally, check this amazing tips to keep your Samsung syncing all day! Heart

I'll be around in case you need more help. Robot LOL

Best Answer

Hi, @tobingj, Yojana is suggesting you follow the steps to set up your Surge as a replacement device.  You will not lose any data doing this.  Your data is attached to your account, not an individual tracker.  If you haven't already, you might also want to have a look at this help article for syncing troubleshoots.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Answer

Thanks Julia. From my first post I have implied all the usual stand on your left foot while wiggling your nose stuff. Ie turn on off force stops etc. We then bypassed the multi phone BT issue. Then 2 days later I got instructions and trying follow them. Seeking clarification as the are incorrectly phrased.

Tried to replace my surge and big warning of wow you have a surge on your account. I ignored and tried replace. No luck. It wouldn't let me. tmp_17564-Screenshot_2016-12-16-01-28-02-1181411333.png

Back to this error.

tmp_17564-Screenshot_2016-12-16-01-40-05-702614804.png

Best Answer

So, before you tried to set it up as a replacement, did you also remove it from your Blue Tooth settings on the phone -- just like your previous issue it will be bonded to your phone by BT as well as the app.

Once it is removed from BT, try the set up as replacement procedure again.

If none of this works I think it is time to get in touch with Customer Support.  Contact.fitbit.com.

Best Answer

I had BT connection forgotten.

Turned watch off and on again for 5 time and synced.  3 mins later cannot find the tracker. Very frustrated. Not making any sense to me. 🙂

Best Answer

tmp_10442-Screenshot_2016-12-16-12-22-24-1663387782.png

Surge classic successfully paired to phone but app still doesn't find tracker or synch.

Best Answer

Good morning! Thanks for adding picture @tobingj. Your phone is not finding your Surge, you're right, try restarting your Surge once or twice. Also turn off your phone, then open the Bluetooth just to see if your Surge is there, if it looks like connected, disconnect both Surge and Surge (Classic). Reboot again Bluetooth to double check that Surge is being read as available but not connected (you can scan for it) and go back to your Fitbit App to try set it up one more time (force quite the app if need to). Restarting your Surge should do the trick. Smiley Wink

Make sure that there is no other Bluetooth devices nearby. Smiley Happy

I'll be around! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well holy bollony. Here I am fully synched on fitbit. Last synch was 5th march as still very poor synching from my phone. 20 minutes on the phone to support yesterday trying to get help. Nothing worked. Uninstalled fitbit on my samsung and reinstalled to version 2.44.1 but while all the Bluetooth pairing occurred ie 6 digits flash up to pair and the phone tracker connect the data will not send. I was surviving for a few months as my laptop was a failsafe synch but then that stopped at weekend. 

So here I am back on my cracked screen Motorola where I had to pair up with a 6 digit code match and then a 4 digit input code to connect but it was standard and immediate. No special sequence or secret button presses. It works. I was even able to reconnect my tracker to my account. Fitbit what the heck is going on. Is my Motorola tied to my account and no other phone will work with it?. I ask that because the last time I synched i spotted something on my google access account. At the time of my last mobile device synch it was my Motorola xt that logged into google not the Samsung s4. The Motorola hasn't had power in it for months. It appears that could be why there is no synch from the s4? Some how access from my s4 is appearing as moto x?? No clue why. March 5th or 9th was last synch before today. I can not figure out the synch pattern on s4. I had to leave app running an all day synch randomly I would check and the app had synched every few hours or days. Boggle. Ate my battery. 

I have a new tracker coming due to a broken strap but trying to fix the synch issue before that. Support said it was probably the tracker with Bluetooth failed on this one but this morning has just proved it is not the tracker. The tracker was found first time and synched easily albeit with the wrong bloody phone. Oh to pour some lemon juice in your cuts. I didn't update the app to 2.44.1. I am using version 2.36. 

Please review my account activity and calls. 

Best Answer

Update. Removed the surge connection on motos X (forgotten)  Disconnected BT and wifi on the phone so no connectivity.

Shut down samsung phone and tracker and started again. Sigh.

Turned on phone first. Waited some minutes then the tracker. I was sitting in  my car at time and was thinking of auto connection is easier if phone is on then start the car. Beep and connected. Went into tracker and set BT to pair. Found the tracker as usual and then waited. Scared to press synch and see "tracker not found". 1 minute later heard a little beep and noted all synced.  Tried it 6 more time in the last hour. Looks like it is working. This happened before in November so not excited yet. Will keep this updated. Still no clue why though.

Best Answer

Hi @tobingj! Thanks for getting back. It's good to know that you're back on track! You have the patience of a saint! I'm not sure why it took so long to connect, but you did an excellent job! Smiley Very Happy

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Let me know if you need anything else! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am far from patient. This issue and the quality of the strap has coloured my opinion poorly of fitbit.

I continued with this for two reasons. I can not afford to just drop my tracker in a drawer. It was a big outlay and I invested in fitbit at the time. I mean trust not buying shares. 🙂  secondly I want it documented the issues I had to try help others. I am not sure what has worked and not ready to mess around with tracker yet. Another day or two will prove it is connecting solidly and frequently. Then I will disconnect all connections and see if I can get it synching easily again. 

Regarding the strap. Pretty shocked there is no proper solution to that. Release surge 2 and recall the faulty surge to be replaced.

Moderator edit: Format. Word Choice.

Best Answer

Hi @tobingj! Thank for replying and proving your feedback. Sorry for inconvenience you've encountering using the Fitbit Surge. We don't have any information in regards of having a recall but I definitely will pass along this information. It's very important for us to help our users, so I appreciate your help in the Forums. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Your comments have not gone unnoticed

See you around! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last synch is Thursday 16th March.  didn't actually do anything then went to synch and "tracker not found". Turned bluetooth off to save battery now will not synch. Before you ask of course I turned it back on and the items paired.

Here goes the whole trouble shooting lark again.

Best Answer
0 Votes