Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My surge will not find my new phone.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having a tough time since my old phone broke about a month ago.

I have access to my account and all sorts of good stuff- Basically I had a motorola MotoX and it was a good time. Although synching was troublesome at times it worked.

I now have a samsung S4 and downloaded the fitbit app. Had a tough time managing to pair the phone and watch. Eventually I got it paired but it would never actually synch. I have tried uninstalling the app. - Turning off watch. Turning off phone. Restarting bluetooth - reinstalling the tracker. It just say can not pair with the tracker or can not find it - now I have actually deleted the surge to try reconnect to the account and it can not be found. Very frustrated.

Last ditch attempt to test was to pull out the old cracked phone and power up- and see if it would synch.

Turned on wifi and bluetooth- opened app and synched. 30 seocnds later poof- done!

Is my account locked to this phone?

How do I link it to my new phone? I am using the same number. Same account- just a new handset.

Please help.

-------------------------------

In case your looking to view my account info - yes I have now paired tracker- it was a last ditch attempt to clean boot everything. Now I can not even reconnect the tracker to my account !!  🙂 It is a fine mess.

Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35

@tobingjjust wondering if your S4 is running marshmallow, if it is then you need to turn on location services to sync your surge. Good luck!

Best Answer

@Redmoonstar

NOt sure of marshmallow but android os 5.01 plus. I have not changed anything since March 11-12. Location is on high accuracy. Just turned bluetooth off to save battery. After synching occurred for a few days within seconds. Screenshot_2017-03-19-17-24-04.png

Thanks.

For info tried to get bluetooth all back up. Tracker off. Phone link forgotten. Managed to get it all on and paired. Tracker not found. Seriously. How could this phone tracker set up sustain notifications? Which ran happily for months on the moto X.

Best Answer

Synchs gone to random. 1:28am and 8:05 this morning. When I try synch it "tracker not found".  BT was turned off from 2am to 7am.

Best Answer

Hmm.... only time I got synchs today coincided with when I was driving and connected to car bluetooth. 😎

Best Answer

Just random synchs with BT on all the time. 😞

Replacement tracker here will try pair and synch tomorrow.

Best Answer

Hi there @Redmoonstar! Thanks for updating the thread! Nice tip @Redmoonstar! Cat Happy

I was checking your posts and it seems to be that your Surge is the one that is not connecting properly, since you've been troubleshooting this issue for a while. But we'll need to wait until your pair the new one and use it for the first week. Please come back with the outcome of your case!

We'll be waiting for your next post! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbitthanks.

This is now a grudge match vs the tracker.

Doesn't matter what I do now last synch was wednesday 22nd about 7:40 am.

I Am now powering up moto X to try synch data and the switch to my new tracker that arrived due to broken strap.

Doesn't make sense why this one works perfectly for a few days then randomly then just stops. Should either work or not. 😞

Best Answer

Went into moto X and bing. tmp_12332-20170324_073019188266371.jpg

That was my last synch.

Best Answer

5 mins last when paired up on moto X bam.tmp_12332-20170324_0739471754466645.jpg

Synced.  easy.

Best Answer

On moto x i Forgot connection. Turned off BT. 

Went to samsung s4 and force closed fitbit app.

Turned off BT. 

disconnected BT surge connection. Turned off phone.

Turned off tracker.

Started up phone.

Started up tracker.

Turned on BT.

Paired them.tmp_12332-Screenshot_2017-03-24-07-43-221539280354.png

Opened fitbit app.

Pressed synch just like I did on moto X. tmp_12332-Screenshot_2017-03-24-07-55-41-803466360.png

Well data synched.  Let's try the other tracker.

Best Answer

New tracker connected for a few days. It took about an hour to get it paired up. Tougher than I remember. Wouldn't work with the phone alone so laptop was used.

Synching worked till 7am yesterday .  😞

Auto synched well and then synched when I wanted then zero. Tracker not found. Watch and phone been on all the time. Tried switch off both and back on then pair in bluetooth but gone. No synching.

Best Answer

Had a few synchs now no synch since Sunday. Tracker not found.  Gotta start the whole pairing uninstall reinstall bluetooth pairing shenanigans again. What a dud set up. tmp_28896-Screenshot_2017-04-05-14-09-211430291334.png

Best Answer

Hi there @tobingj! Nice to see you again, thanks for sharing the steps that you're trying! Cat Very Happy

Please make sure that your other phone is not around or just delete the Fitbit App from there; turn off any Bluetooth device that might be around. Then follow the syncing steps with your Samsung 4. Make sure that your Samsung doesn't have updates available, we've just had a new update for Android phones, so make sure your phone is using the Fitbit App 2.46 Version.

Keep me posted! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit

Worked for a few days with a complete reconnect. tmp_11379-Screenshot_2017-04-15-09-33-54-96620817.png

Until Wednesday 12.

Then tracker not found. Tried the usual bluetooth forgetting and stop app. Turn all items off and on then reconnect. All connected and hit synch. Usually works. Not this time. Laptop on to synch.  

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbitpplease mark this as unsolved. I can't see a way for me to do this action.

Best Answer

Hi @tobingj! Thanks for the picture! 

Did you check if your Android has the permissions and location services settings "ON".  Also try to restart your Surge a couple of times while troubleshooting the issue. 

In regards of your petition on marking this thread as unsolved, you can do so by tapping on the three dots on the corner of the "Accepted Solution" post to get it unsolved (see picture). Please note that only the user that gives the solution can mark it as unsolved too.

Not the Solution.JPG

See you around! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes