Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wristband broke

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

WARNING! If it is anything like the Surge was the band will be detached from the screen in 6 months. The band will first start to bubble, and then it will eventually break away. Fitbit is great to help the first time, but after that they do not care as they just want your money. My replacement was worse quality than my first, and now I get a small discount to buy another crappy device. I would save your money and buy a different brand that actually cares about quality, not just money. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Nburg18 wrote:

WARNING! If it is anything like the Surge was the band will be detached from the screen in 6 months. The band will first start to bubble, and then it will eventually break away. Fitbit is great to help the first time, but after that they do not care as they just want your money. My replacement was worse quality than my first, and now I get a small discount to buy another crappy device. I would save your money and buy a different brand that actually cares about quality, not just money. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Hi @Nburg18,

Since your post appears to be concerns about the Surge band, I've taken the liberty of moving it to the Surge forum where it an get the attention it deserves. It was originally posted in the Ionic forum.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

The band on the Surge is similar to the Ionic, that's why I posted it under Ionic to warn people about what may happen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nburg18, apparently you have not seen the Ionic, since the band on the Ionic is nothing like the band on the Surge.  The band on the Ionic is replaceable, and is available in additional Leather and Sport bands, which the Surge does not have.   If the band on the Ionic does go bad, simply replace the band with a new one.

Best Answer

@Nburg18 If the Surge's band is the only issue, Amazon and ebay sell aftermarket bands and YouTube has "How to" video's. Just a thought.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was the same - bubbled first and then just fell away from the watch. Two days to await a response form Fitbit! So back to old competitor unit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes