Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with computer after not being used for weeks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help me? I have not used my Surge for weeks. Yesterday I did and now it won't sync with the computer. Any ideas what the problem might be? Please help! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the forums!

Is the dongle still plugged into a USB port?

dongle.png

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I checked it and that was okay but in the meantime I solved the problem, rebooted the bluetooth pairing and it synced! 🙂

Best Answer

That's great!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to you reboot the pairing?  I did shut the watch down and restarted  is that the same thing.  BTW it did not work for me.  I still can not Sync with my computer.  Windows 7  thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bmurrWelcome to the forums! So happy to have you here

Your question is really confusing. So I'm gong to pick up on the computer part

Is the dongle plugged in to a USB port? If so move it to a different port

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help
Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

You in a way mention phone and website. Can we work on one at a time and try to resolve the other later?

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried multiple times with reinstalling the dongle.  Still cannot  Sync with my computer.  turned Bluetooth off and on several times, shutdown watch several times.  This is frustrating but I do appreciate your help and time.
 Trouble shooting does not give any help for Windows 7 and OH I uninstalled Fit bit Connect and reinstalled it.

Thanks again for your time
Bud
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried multiple times with reinstalling the dongle.  Still cannot  Sync with my computer.  turned Bluetooth off and on several times, shutdown watch several times.  This is frustrating but I do appreciate your help and time.
 Trouble shooting does not give any help for Windows 7 and OH I uninstalled Fit bit Connect and reinstalled it.

Thanks again for your time
Bud
Best Answer
0 Votes

Then Please Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to go into settiongs on the watch. You choose bluetooth classic on then swipe to bluetooth classic pair. Choose this function and let it run until it is done. This did the trick for me, now I can sync. I also have windows 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Bud,

Reinstalling did not work for me only pairing. Go into settings on the watch and choose bluetooth classic, Use the arrow and go to pair, also in bluetooth classic. Choose this function and let it run until it is done. Then try syncing. I also have windows 7 and luckily this did the trick for me, now I can sync. Let me know what happens if it does not work I think you should contact fitbit technical support, customer service. Take care.

Best Answer