Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern on the Glass....

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone experienced this pattern on their Surge glass?  It doesn't seem to affect the operation of the tracker.  At times it does make it a little hard to read the time.  Anyone know the cause of this?20180409_085258.jpg

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

That looks like the display may be starting to fail.

Best Answer

I suspect you’re getting fogged up and that is the remnants of the condensation inside.  Mine is same and won’t swipe - not really acceptable for price.

Best Answer

8FB3F863-6275-47B2-A908-CCEE0EB54F88.jpeg

Best Answer

Thanks for the replies.  Strange thing is that it has not affected my ability to swipe at all.  I have had it fog up a time or two also.  I'll just keep an eye on it.

Best Answer

Yeah my swipe stopped working...

anyway got refund fund today so looking for a replacement- not sure what to get...

Best Answer

Hey @Hoboe and @Tommy632 nice to see you around! Thanks for your help @SunsetRunner. Smiley Happy

@Tommy632 Wow, that's looks odd; thanks for sharing that picture. I wanted to let you know that I already requested a case for you so our team will get in touch with you shortly. Keep an eye on your email inbox. 

Thanks for the picture @Hoboe! Sorry to hear that your Fitbit wasn't working anymore, good to hear that our team already gave a hand with that. If you're interested in checking our new products you can take a look of the new Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Ionic. Compare features in this page in a few seconds.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Hoboe, 

My swipe has stopped working also and the same pattern has appeared on the screen. What was the explanation for this occurring? I’m rather annoyed also as you are right they aren’t cheap. How can you keep fit when you can’t check your progress? 

Any help is appreciated, I’m devastated this has happened. 😢 

Thanks Bec 

Best Answer

Hi Bec,

from what I can gather the pattern is created from left over condensation caught between the glass and another medium.  I’m guessing this is what stops  the swipe function as it thinks you are constantly touching screen (moisture).

if within warranty period, you can get a refund/replacement.  If outside warranty period, options depend on where you live and Fitbit’s willingness to help.  If in Australia no problems, Australian consumer law provides protection for consumers outside warranty period - just take back to place of purchase with receipt.

i looked at the ionic as a replacement (I want built in GPS,) but music options (pandora) are only available in US. Regrettably I’ve moved to another brand.

I hope this helps...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankyou so much for your reply Hoboe! I am in Australia and purchased it from Harvey Norman although it is out of warranty so I have they are willing to help me and don’t just rob me off. I haven’t had a reply from Fitbit yet but given it’s the weekend I will wait another day or so. I’m shocked at how many others have had the same issue! 

I hope your your new device is working well for you. Thanks again 👍🏻😊

Best Answer

Hey there, @Becalicious81. Welcome to the Family! Heart Thank for your help @Hoboe.

Thanks for posting your feedback here @Becalicious81. I noticed that our team is already taking care of you! I hope you can get on track soon. Here you will find some instructions to set your replacement.

@Hoboe Thanks for your feedback, sorry we don't have the Pandora option for other countries rather than US; in those case we are advising to use either Deezer or personal music. It was great to have you here but if you are stepping with a different brand, I invite you to keep posting around in our Discussion Boards. We always need people that like to help others.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer