Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing my Surge, looking at options

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using my Surge for years now.  It has gotten to the point that the battery life is so short that I have to charge it every morning.  If i use the GPS on a long walk it will sometimes not make it through the day afterword.  Looking into a replacement.  Either the Ionic or the Charge 3.  I've gotten used to the UI on the Surge and like having the GPS built in.  My wife has the Charge 2 and likes it.  The one thing that I have never liked about the Surge is the bulk.  Though it is not a big deal most of the time.  I mostly use it it track steps and stats when walking.  I like having the routes logged (GPS).  How effective is using your phone GPS?  Has anyone made the Surge to Charge switch?  Observations would be appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

The ionic is a lot lot thinner (compare photos). Yes it is still noticable on the wrist but doesn't get caught in the sleeve. The bands are easily swapped and availible at Fitbit and Amazon. 

It also has a touch screen more features and thousand watch faces to choose from. If that is not enough it will not be hard to find someone to help design your perfect face. 

Also there is a list many apps that may be loaded. 

The Charge 3 is more like the Charge 2 and if you don't want the many extras with the ionic, the Charge 3 is the way to go. 

Now if you like the bells and whistles but don't feel the need for built in GPS go for the Versa. 

You can compare at https://www.fitbit.com/compare

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wearing a Surge for almost two years, and just upgraded to a Garmin 735XT. I'll never get another Fitbit again. Garmin is leaps and bounds ahead of what Fitbit even knows how to offer. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the feedback Rich.  I've been playing with my wife Charge 2.  Not sure I like the interface.  You have to tap it pretty hard to get it to change.  I like the convenience of the built in GPS I have in the Surge.  I think I am leaning toward the Iconic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pro Photo, The Garmin 735XT is not what I am looking for.  Not a runner.

Funny that someone that has moved away from fitbit is answering questions here!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Daddio25 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback Rich.  I've been playing with my wife Charge 2.  Not sure I like the interface.  You have to tap it pretty hard to get it to change.  

---- cut ----

The charge 2 does not have a touch screen @Daddio25 but depends on its acceleration sensors. 

To change the screen try a sharp light quick tap. If this still gives you problems, place the thumb on the band below the tracker. A short light tap will cause the tracker to bounce off the skin and this quick bounce will be recognized as a tap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, That is good to know.  A touch screen should be much more responsive and easier to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Rude.
Best Answer
0 Votes