Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen rotation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Half the time my iPad screen will not rotate ie from portrait to landscape when I am syncing from my Surge?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I've noticed you are new around @JulianH, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

That's odd, does it happen when the Fitbit Account is syncing via Bluetooth or specifically when you're navigating through the App? You can try to force quite the Fitbit App to see if this helps. 

Have a good one!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.

It happens about 50% of the time. From the moment syncing commences until I leave the App, ie it resolutely refuses to rotate with the iPad

Julian Hayes
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @JulianH! Please check if your iPad and Fitbit App are up to date. And as mentioned before, reboot the App whenever you get this issues. Do you know what model of iPad are you using? Woman Happy

I'll be waiting your response.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, both devices have been updated whenever invites to update have been received. However, the iPad is "second generation" so not in the first flush of youth!

Julian H
Best Answer

Thanks for confirming that information! That's really odd, I've just checked the list of supported devices here and if you're using the Apple iPad Mini 2nd gen, it should be compatible. But thanks a million for the feedback, I'll make sure to pass it along to take it in count for future updates.

Thanks for your patience!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Small point (no pun intended) but the iPad is not a mini

Julian H
Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @JulianH and for checking those details! If it is not that iPad, would you mind just confirm if the one that you're using is listed here. I appreciate your help with this.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My mistake! On checking I find that it's an iPad 3. Problem is probably academic as far. As I'm concerned anyway as I anticipate upgrading very shortly

Julian H
Best Answer

Thanks for checking that information @JulianH. Now we know exactly why it is not connecting. If you want to upgrade remember that you can use other devices to sync too. I hope you can find the best option for you. 

I'll be around in case that you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now upgraded my iPad to latest version but still have the screen rotation problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes