Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I wear it only for workouts?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do any of you wear it only for fitness and will the band last longer?

I received my first Surge 2016 Father's Day. Worked as it should up until yesterday. I'm a rural guy, so mine had been through dust, dirt, grease, cutting trees, banging around farm equipment and the like. Everything except water. In March 2017 my band began to separate as does most peoples'. I called and Fitbit sent a replacement immediately. However, not wanting to be wasteful (b/c it functioned perfectly) i kept wearing my less attractive one until the band actually broke yesterday (8/14/17). I have my new one on and sync'd today. No issues at with any of that. Do i go back to wearing my $35 Seiko and just this one for workouts? Problem i foresee is not having the battery charged and it makes it just a workout device. I'll admit i really like the text notification feature....

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Lalaluuke If the band is the only issue with the old Surge, Amazon sells replacements. YouTube has "How To" videos.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

I will do that. I looked at those but never planned ahead to have one on hand when this one broke.

Just wish i could have 2 surge sync'd up at the same time.

Best Answer

Hi, @Lalaluuke, you can have two Fitbits syncing to one account, just not two of the same kind.  So if you like the Surge for workouts but enjoy the watch feature, notifications and step counting etc, you could get one of the cheaper wrist worn trackers for day to day wear and use the Surge for your workouts (that's what I do; I currently mainly wear the Alta HR and switch to the Surge when I am running, because I enjoy the built in GPS feature).

If you don't mind losing the all day HR function and sleep stages, the Alta is even cheaper and otherwise has the same features.

You might want to have a look at this comparison chart

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer