Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size question: Surge's body on wrist

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

got a bit of a puzzle I'd like to expose to you.

Past Fitbits were all in "Large" size, my wrist is not so small.

I'm quite tempted to get myself a Surge but wondering something about the size of the watch itself, not watch + band. Unfortunately don't know anyone having a Surge L and no shop here will let you try one (understandable). I got to try a Surge XL and had the impression the part over my wrist (the watch body itself + beginning of the strap) was a bit bulky. Hence my question, do sizes take in consideration both the wrist "largeness" and "thickness" or is it only the strap length that changes?

In case it's only the strap length (final part) that is either longer or shorter, I'd still have the impression the Surge is way larger than my wrist. In case the parts where the band attaches to the body are "smaller", the maybe it'd fit better my wrist. The one I tried was larger than my wrist, wasn't only the strap to be too big.

Thanks,

Ka.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Kapppa the Surge tracker component is identical for all sizes.  It is only the band length that is different.

I hope this answers your question.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, @Kapppa the Surge tracker component is identical for all sizes.  It is only the band length that is different.

I hope this answers your question.  Welcome to the Community!

Best Answer

Thanks, was hoping the upper part would be adapted to how "wide" the wrist is

Best Answer

Nice to see you around @Kapppa! Thanks for the details @Julia_GCat Happy

Good to know that you're interested in the Fitbit Surge, in case that you're still wondering about the size of the Surge. Here is the measurements of the Surge bands as you can see the head of the watch itself has the same size on the S-L-XL band. If you wish you might print a guide to find the right size for you!

size surge.JPG

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other Fitbitters!

See you around! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Please don't hate me but I'm still wondering if there is some of a difference or not on top of the band length. Let me explain why I say that. I'll try to do it with a picture. Awfully drawn, so maybe not better than 1000 words.SurgeBand.png

So, if Fitbit had really made (which might be the case) the top part of the watch the same across different strap lengths, we would end up a bit with the drawing above. Where the black circle is a wrist and the "whatevercolorthatis" rectangles represent the watch. The width of the rectangles is the same across the picture, only the length of the parts going down change. I don't argue wether the display is the same or not, I'm wondering about the sides, where the strap begins and how it bends.

Again, I kindly ask for your forgiveness, the drawing is awful, but I wanted to give the idea of what I meant. If they didn't change the way the top part wraps around the wrist, depending on how wide your wrist is, the strap length wouldn't change much in confort, except for being able to close it. Somebody having a small wrist would still have a watch somehow floating on her / his wrist. Is my logic flawed?

Ka.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kapppa, the size of the tracker is EXACTLY the same for all sizes.  Only the band is different.  The same is true for all the trackers that Fitbit makes.  On a small wrist the fixed part of the tracker is larger than the wrist -- in my case significantly larger as I have very small wrists.  

Best Answer

Not even a comment on my beautiful drawing Julia? 😉

Thanks for your help though.

Too bad it's just the strap length that changes.

Out of curiosity, in your signature I read:

"Charge HR & One (retired Flex)"

Do you own a Surge too and forgot to update your sig or just jumping from one forum to the other trying to help anybody you can? 😉

Ka.

Best Answer

Hi there @Kapppa and @Julia_G! Thanks a million for attaching a visual help for me to understand your questions, that was an amazing explanation. Heart

I think that I got what you meant about the sides of the display where it bends, I don't have the exact measurement but you can see the difference in these pictures:

Surge.PNG

As you can see the first image shows an average wrist the sides matches the wrist just fine. Now the second image for a thin wrist, you can see that it looks a little bit bigger than her wrist, but still it looks okay; that was my case, I had the Surge for a while and I used to wear it like that with no issue at all. The last image is for a bigger wrist, as you can see the side of the Surge matches just fine as well. Woman Very Happy

You can go to the Fitbit.com/store and place your order for the size that the printable guide gives you, according the measurement of your wrist; and try it out for a couple of days. Since Fitbit has 45 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Return Policy when you purchase through our website. You can use that period of time to decide if this is the correct fit for you. Smiley Wink

Feel free to come back if you need more help deciding! Cat Embarassed

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Kapppa, yes, sorry, I have not updated my signature in a while.  I have a Surge, Blaze, Charge 2, Flex 2, and One all of which I use regularly.  My original Flex died and was returned; I also have a Charge HR that I no longer use.  It works, but has lost its poor button 😞

I also have a very small wrist (5.5 inches, so I know whereof I speak...)

I am a bit of a Fitbit fanatic...!

Best Answer

Surge, Blaze, Charge 2, Flex 2 and One... Wouldn't call a "bit of a Fitbit fanatic", more an "addict" 😉

Jokes a part, I quite understand you. I got my first Fitbit, an Ultra, when it came out, then followed a Flex, then a Charge HR... Then got an Aria scale... Now juggling between another brand and a Charge2...

The Fitbit products some people may reckon they're not "professional" enough compared to other brands I won't name now. Yet, I find Fitbit line of products still the more appealing and the software is the best designed. I mean visual design. In one glance you had pretty much all the info you may want. Not as detailed as others but most of the people don't really need too much detail.

I own also trackers and watches from other brands as I'm quite a gadget lover. To be frank, except for counting steps, I only discovered recently that my body could "move" and not only be sitting at a desk. 😉 That's when I started looking into watches that did more than just counting steps and floors.

So, to close this topic, took the plunge, ordered myself a Surge in size L. Found a pretty good deal online, too good to miss it. Although it's a 2 years old product, hopefully a new model with built-in GPS will come out soon, I needed the Surge in my collection 😉

Take care and enjoy an healthy weekend.

Ka.

Best Answer

@Kapppa, sounds like a good decision! (And yes, I am an addict.)  I don't wear my Surge all day, and I definitely don't sleep with it, because it is just too big and bulky -- I just swap it in when I am off to do a run or a "significant" walk, because the built in GPS is great to have.

If you are going to use it along with your other Fitbits the secret is always to sync before you swap, and make sure BOTH trackers have your steps on the tracker (not just the app) before you switch.  If you do that you won't go wrong.

Have fun, and keep us posted how you get on!

Best Answer