Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start and Stop free run option not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I use the Free Run option on my Surge it often takes 3 or 4 presses of the start to active the timer.

Also to stop it at the end of the run.

I searched and the only suggestion was to air clean the button. I've done that and it makes no difference.

It's like it is a software error because the button works fine on any other usage. It's been like since new - only a few months (I doubt fitbit will honour the warranty as I didn't buy it thru a retailer).

ALSO. One of my run ends exactly on a kilometre mark, so I get the km pace on the screen, then I have to wait for the screen to clear, 10 seconds or so, before I cant Stop the timer, or attempt to 🙂

I only use my Surge for running so maybe the start/stop is also an issue on other functions, I don't know, but as I said this is the only area where it malfunctions for me.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @CardiganWearer, it's always great to see you here on the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting your inquiry here. Good to hear that you're an active runner, sorry for the issues you're having with your Fitbit. You did great air cleaning the button, but I'd also suggest to restart it in case it is having hardware issues. Although, it is odd that the buttons are working for the rest of the features. You can try to do any other activity as you mentioned to see if it is working with different exercises.

All details you're mentioning, for example what happened to you when you wanted to stop the timer while running and that it has never worked properly; gives the impression as it is a hardware issue. In case it is not working after trying those steps please let me know so I can check the next step for you.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey @CardiganWearer, it's always great to see you here on the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting your inquiry here. Good to hear that you're an active runner, sorry for the issues you're having with your Fitbit. You did great air cleaning the button, but I'd also suggest to restart it in case it is having hardware issues. Although, it is odd that the buttons are working for the rest of the features. You can try to do any other activity as you mentioned to see if it is working with different exercises.

All details you're mentioning, for example what happened to you when you wanted to stop the timer while running and that it has never worked properly; gives the impression as it is a hardware issue. In case it is not working after trying those steps please let me know so I can check the next step for you.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes