Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop recording at end of run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you just end a run? Like pressing the chequered flag? 

At the end of a run (I've set up the laps for five minute intervals). 

I want to just end the run after six of these (30 minutes) but when 30 minutes is up the surge screen is full of the split time and access to the pause button or flag button isn't enabled/possible. 

Then I've to press the pause button and THEN only is the chequered flag available. This always adds a tiny lap at the end of my exercise which isn't part of the exercise and is frustrating. 

Here is a screen shot of what this looks like each time this happens. 

Is there a way to avoid this?

activity segment.png

I just want to press a chequered flag, I'm finished. End. Of. 🙂

Thanks for anyone who can help. 

Con

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to have you here @pofd Woman Very Happy! To use your Surge during a run or other exercise:

1. Press the Home button and then swipe to the Run or Exercise screens. To change your Exercise menu to see only the exercises you use, see this steps: 
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account tab.
    • Tap your tracker tile. 
    • Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
    • To add a new shortcut, tap Exercise Shortcut and select an exercise. 
    • To remove a shortcut, swipe left on an exercise name, then tap Delete
  2. Press the Select button (lower right) or tap the screen, then swipe to find the type of run or exercise you want to track. You'll know whether the activity uses GPS if you see a GPS icon next to the heart rate icon. 
     User-added image  
  3. When you find what you're looking for, press the Select button (lower right) or tap the screen to start your activity.
  4. (GPS Only) If your run or non-bike exercise uses GPS, Surge will search for a GPS signal and vibrate when it is found. If a signal isn't found within a few seconds, a Quick Start option appears so you can start your activity immediately while Surge keeps looking for the signal. 
  5. During your workout you can:
    • Swipe to see various stats or the time of day.
    • Press the Select button (lower right) to pause or resume your activity.
    • Press the Action button (top right) to view any call or text notifications Surge received from your mobile device while you were working out.
    • Double press the Home button to see the current song playing on your mobile device and pause or skip a track.
    • Receive time or distance-based updates (splits) on your Surge during a run. In the Fitbit mobile app: tap Account > Surge > Exercise Shortcuts > Run (on Windows 10 mobile devices, tap Free Run). Turn on run cues and choose your interval. 
  6. Press the Select button (lower right) when you're done with your workout, then press the Action button to see a summary.
  7. Press the Action button (top right) once more to exit completely and return to the clock.

After Surge syncs your new data to the dashboard, you can see your workout details and assess their impact on your daily and weekly totals.

Hope this informations helps! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this question too, but this response (though otherwise very helpful) doesn't quite get at my issue. As the response notes, you can pause tracking on your run by pressing the select button; however, if the Fitbit is showing the notification screen, this function doesn't work. So when I finish my 5k, I have to wait until the notification screen goes away before I can stop the tracker, which means Fitbit records my time and distance as being about 5s and 10m longer than my run actually was. Is there a way to get around this without turning off the notifications altogether?

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this issue?  I'm experiencing the same with my Ionic.  I wait for the silent notification that the mile is completed, but then I can't stop the run.  Why is the pause button disabled?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find this quite annoying and is one of those small "polish" type issues that if fixed would make the software so much better. Note that while the pause button won't work while the split is being displayed taping the on the screen will pause it for me.

What would be great is that if paused while the split screen is being displayed, discard the 2-3 seconds of data after the split.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has any one found a solution to this problem?

It is very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes