Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride Length in cm or Inches?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to work out my stride length as the number of steps i do do not match on my Surge espically when im using the GPS running,

Reading the help secion it talkes about feet and inches but with the new IOS app update the stride length shows as cm's. Does this mean i have to work out the difference between imperial and metric?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Refslegs Welcome to the Community! Your Surge will track your steps based in your stride length. However, when you're using the GPS it won't take that into consideration. Can you give me more details about the inaccuracies that you're seeing in your Surge when it doesn't track at all your steps? Have you change your personal information in your Dashboard? How many steps more or less are you seeing? 

You can always change the stride length to ft instead of cm. You just need to do the following in your online Dashboard > settings > personal info > Units > Length > ft. 

It will change automatically to reflect what you had in ft. Even if you have it in cm it doesn't mean you have to workout different. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your reply,

I do find the GPS to be out, as  parkrunner i hope to check my distance, currenly im wearing both my Fitbit and Garmin,

examples

Fitbit 4.77k  Garmin 4.9k

Fitbit  4.7k   Garmin 5.05k

I will retry the steps to see if that will make a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Refslegs! let me know the difference between steps so I can do a little deep research and maybe find out why this is happening, but also I would like to add that is not recommendable to compare different trackers, I mean, both are designed for fitness purposes but each of them uses different algorithms to calculate your data. Just keep that in mind. Smiley Wink

I'll be looking to your post! Smiley Very Happy 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

measuring stride.  found another place on line.  the guy took a tape measure.   walked 10 steps and then averaged it out.  it is on line.   just put stride into inches.

Best Answer
0 Votes