Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Bluetooth won't stay "on"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my new Surge stopped auto synching and my iPhone 6 could not find it. I tried all the suggested fixes and eventually saw that Surge's Bluetooth Classic said "off". I toggled it to "on" and it synched - yay! Problem is, it keeps going back to "off" by itself as soon as it finishes synching. Appreciate the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Classic is used for music control on Android and Windows Phones, iPhones don't use it so you can leave it turned off, communication may be confused because you are trying to pair with Classic. Go ahead and leave Classic "off" since you have an iPhone, go to settings on your iphone >bluetooth and "forget" your tracker on the list. Turn bluetooth off on your iPhone for a second or two and then back on, click to connect to the rediscovered Surge and pair anew if it requests it.  Come back and let us know if everything is a bit more stable now...

Thanks for asking @Bjbdpeach, just a little hiccup, all good. Keep moving 🙂

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply. After forgetting the device, my iPhone isn't finding Surge at all and it isn't prompting me to re-pair it. What do I do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart your Surge by holding the left and bottom right buttons at the same time and counting to 30 or 40 (the screen starts to fade). After it is completely off, push the left button to boot it back up. If your mobile still doesn't discover it, power the mobile all the way down and then boot back up. This should clear up any communication glitches.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my Versa to connect with my iPhone 8. It suddenly stopped connecting in early July. No matter what I do my iPhone is unable to find it as a device. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes