Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge. Can't add Tennis from the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Guys,

As the title says, I can't add Tennis to my list of activity shortcuts.

I play badminton, and the nearest activity to this that Surge has the algorithm for is Tennis. So using the app I removed all the activities that I won't use, leaving Bike, Hike, Weights, the others all disappeared from my Surge as expected. 

I then selected Tennis, clicked Add to Surge, and clicked the backward arrow to take me out of that screen, and received a message saying a sync had been scheduled, and the curly arrow went round and round. 

When I checked my Surge I only had what I was left with after my cull, no tennis. When I went into the app page to select tennis again it was also missing from that list too.

I can set alarms and change watch faces with the app, just not add Tennis ( or any other activity).

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Sadly, I play tennis several time a week and have also tried to add this activity.

Just starting logging it as aerobic exercise 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh I got all excited when I saw you'd replied, thinking that you were going
to give me the answer.

What a shame.

I like you just use a generic "Workout" setting. I assume the tennis
setting will have a unique algorithm, which would be much closer to my
badminton.

A note for Fitbit, Badminton is the 2nd most popular sport in the world
after football (soccer).

Jason Megson
07449 46 23 23
Best Answer

Oh I got so excited to have a reply.

I assume the watch has the capability to use that setting, but as I said in my initial I can't add any activities, not even the default ones if I remove them.

I like you, use a general activity, "Workout", it doesn't use GPS, so won't try to track my movement, but no idea what the algorithm is made to track.

There are some glaring issues with the Fitbit products, but from reading this forum it seems Fitbit isn't interested in any after support for products or the app.

Thanks for replying though, it's nice to know I'm not alone. 

Jason

Best Answer
0 Votes