Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Firmware Release - 16.34.6.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Surge users have successfully updated to this firmware: 16.34.6.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to 16.34.6.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Surge, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Surge users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 16.34.6.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Surge users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/17/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Surge! This is a progressive rollout, and all Surge users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 16.34.6.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
145 REPLIES 145

No more sleep stages unfortunately 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @diandakov! Hope you're doing great!

In this case Fitbit won't be sending more updates for this specific tracker. As mentioned before, for now, we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything change.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

my Surge says there is not an update, but the version is given as 34.6.1 Is that the same as yours described as 16.34.6.1?

Best Answer

Yes, I also have version 16.34.6.1. I haven't received an update in forever. It's OK with me. Everything's working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that is exactly what my Surge reports under Settings and Version:
Best Answer

Hey @whemswee@Kiki68 and @markjuggles! Thanks for getting back. If your Surge is showing  Version 16.34.6.1, it means that it was able to run the latest version successfully and you don't need to do anything else.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

The firmware update destroyed my tracker. I updated it and then the red light came on. I cant get rid of it.

Best Answer

Hi @Stewforyou! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! That sounds odd! Sorry to hear the red light on your Surge is now on. Why don't you try the steps in this master post.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Since the firmware update my battery life for my Surge is around 12 hours ....... I didn't realise that Fitbit took after Apple with their firmware updates ..... :'(

Best Answer

Halo @fox288gto, thanks for stopping by! Thank you for your participation in the forums! Cat Happy

I'm glad to hear that you update your Fitbit, sorry it is giving that hard time. It might be that the firmware update for your Surge didn't go through completely, so please follow these steps to unpair and pair your tracker again; since by doing this your Fitbit will try to download it one more time. Also check the tips to clean your Fitbit contacts and take care of the battery life of your tracker. It might help!

Please keep me posted if you need more help! Woman Wink

Best Answer

I've  had a surge for a little over two years. Crossed the country of India in miles! It's always acted a bit shakes, sometimes powering down, sometimes not syncing and sometimes not swiping intermittently. Now it doesn't swipe at all. So I call customer support and the take me through the usual, power down, resync routine and it doesn't work. So they tell me I'm out of warranty and they discontinued the surge and offer me a 25% discount on another Fitbit product. Are you kidding me. Shouldn't a $250 product last more than 2 years? It was probably discontinued because it was a defective design to begin with. I'd rather spend more on a competitive product than ever buy another Fitbit product. FYI much wife's Fitbit product died after 1 year. Good riddance Fitbit!

Best Answer

Hi @Madagain! Thanks for your feedback and for visiting the Forums. Welcome.

Sorry about the issues you had with your Fitbit. Thanks again for sharing your comments, each case is reviewed by our Customer Support so they check your options using your warranty information. If you have more questions about your case you can contact them back to further assistance. 

Thanks for your understating. 

Best Answer

The reality is that I was given this to me by my children as a father's day present in August 2015. By the end of 2017, just over 2 years, it does not work. You would think that it would last longer than that! I have a cheap copy watch bought for $5 from Asia that has lasted longer.

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer
I have found that if my FB is only 1/4 charged it will not update or download my stats. Otherwise this has lasted three years but superglue is needed from time to time to hold the strap to the face. I do love my FB as it keeps me moving.

Neita
Best Answer

Hey @whemswee and @Neita thanks for posting your feedback, sorry to hear that you Fitbit is not longer working. Have you contact our Support Team? I can give you a hand with that so they can check what's wrong with it and see possible options, I can help you with that if you wish!

@Neita You can follow these suggestions to clean the contacts on your Fitbit and troubleshoot the syncing issues too.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Just bought mine two weeks ago. I knew it was getting phased out, but was still hoping to see some continuing support and updates. 

I mean, I have a computer running Windows 8 that still gets updates....

Unfortunately, it would appear the Surge won't be

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @Chosenman. Your comments and suggestion are always welcome in the Community.

Hope to keep seeing you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @YojanaFitbit I have an issue with my surge, it's still under warranty, any chance you can help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again my dear friend @Chosenman! How are you? I remember your case, and of course I'll do my best to help you out again! What is the issue that you are having with your Surge?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Who can help me fix my surge?  I can't get it to move correctly. It will go to run and stop

Best Answer