Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Firmware Release - 16.34.6.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Surge users have successfully updated to this firmware: 16.34.6.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to 16.34.6.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Surge, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Surge users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 16.34.6.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Surge users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/17/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Surge! This is a progressive rollout, and all Surge users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 16.34.6.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
145 REPLIES 145

Hi there @Bunchman, nice to see you on this thread. Welcome. Heart

Why don't you restart your Fitbit. You can also try some steps to disconnect it from your account and reconnect it to see if this helps. If the issue is something related the software it might help.

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately,  the top right button does not work, so I have limited functionally, including a restart.  The screen is usually unresponsive and does not always swipe, and charging is temperamental. Sometimes it shows the fitbit symbol whilst charging and nothing happens.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @whemswee!

Sorry about what happened to your Surge. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and they will be taking your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Surge users have successfully updated to this firmware: 16.34.6.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to 16.34.6.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Surge, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying to fix the problem Fitbit. However, I have given up and purchased another watch from a different brand.

Best Answer

Hi there @whemswee, thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit. We're sorry to let you go but I hope you can consider Fitbit for future products, since we're always improving services, features and overall environment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes