Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge GPS and stride length

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the FitBit app or the Surge itself use GPS data to correct the length of my stride while walking and/or running? If not, let me suggest adding that capability.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

If you use the activity tracking feature then the Surge uses GPS to measure your distance.  If you are not actively tracking then it will use your stride length to measure your distance.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-use-exercise-mode-on-my-tracker?q=track+...

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your reply, but that's not really what I asked...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are right.  Sorry.  From my use of the Surge GPS I don't find a feedback loop to adjust stride lenght from a GPS tracked walk or run.  I belive that if you want to do this you will have to do it manually.  You can request this in the Features Request forum.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes