Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge GPS calculation is off by a quarter of a mile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Calculations before were about 0.05 off and now over the past week have been off by 0.25 either cutting my run short or making my run longer than it was.  This is a route I have used for a long time.  I have used both map my run and my Surge to calculate this and there was just that 0.05 distance and it remained that way for a long time.  Not sure why there is such a huge difference.  GPS connects quickly.  I normally do not even look at my watch until the end as this route is so familiar and on target.  I have turned on/off the watch and it is fully charged.   Is there anything else to be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Is your run numerous loops around a short route, an "out and back" course, or one nice big loop?

The first two course types lend themselves to GPS error (the first more than the second).

Have you compared the map to the actual course run?  I notice every now and again my Surge gets confused as to where I am; this results in my map showing things like, running across lakes and through the ladies dressing room at the local health club.

Best Answer
0 Votes