Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge: GPS found but no run recorded

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Surge since January of this year, but have never found the GPS to work properly. I am giving it another try while it is still under warranty, but with no success.The problem is as follows:

I select RUN, then FREE RUN. Very quickly I get GPS found, and the tracker vibrates. The stopwatch screen, as shown in the manual appears:

Surge Stopwatch.JPG

I use the select button, bottom right. But nothing happens. !0, 20, 30 minutes later, both distance and time still read zero.

I have tried this multiple times but nothing works. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome @dmhhk! Thanks for stepping into the Fitbit Community. The freezing of the stopwatch screen could be caused by some sort of bug. Let's try to restart the Fitbit Surge by following the excellent instructions provided by @MeylinP.

Additionally, I'd like to ask you some questions about this unresponsiveness. Have you tried tracking or selecting any other GPS activity, like biking? If so, does the same thing happen? Does your Surge freeze at any other screen?

I'll be glad to continue assisting you. Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome @dmhhk! Thanks for stepping into the Fitbit Community. The freezing of the stopwatch screen could be caused by some sort of bug. Let's try to restart the Fitbit Surge by following the excellent instructions provided by @MeylinP.

Additionally, I'd like to ask you some questions about this unresponsiveness. Have you tried tracking or selecting any other GPS activity, like biking? If so, does the same thing happen? Does your Surge freeze at any other screen?

I'll be glad to continue assisting you. Smiley Very Happy

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Might seem obvious but did you actually press the start button after finding gps? Small triangle on screen, bottom right button.
Best Answer
0 Votes

(to Lanuza-Fitbit)

Thanks for the suggestion. After failing again with Running, I tried it with hiking and it worked! Then tried again with running and it worked this time, not sure why. Really pleased to have this working. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

(To Spuggywoo)

Good question, and thanks for the suggestion, but yes, I had been doing that. It is working OK now, as I mentioned in my previous reply. Really appreciate your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @dmhhk! It's great to read that selecting a different activity did the trick. It might be that there was something causing the Surge to get stuck with the running activity.  I'll be sure to keep this in mind for the future.

Hope to see you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes