Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Heart Rate monitor not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys,

Fitbit Surge been been giving issues. Love my watch however I cant seem to link the HR monitor anymore, won't take reading. Anyone know of a fix or know if there's a firmware update to be done. Have a race in 2 weeks I'd like to use it for.

Thanks

Moderator edited: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back and for trying those steps @GrantH19805

As this is not working, I've requested a case for you; our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @GrantH19805, thanks for reaching out the Forums. Welcome! Robot Happy

We appreciate all the steps that  you've tried to fix the issues with your heart rate. What you mentioned that is currently happening with your HR reading is not normal. Have you tried the restart on your Surge? Also try to turn off/on the from the Fitbit Surge to see if this helps.

Please feel free to post back if case you're still having issue with your Surge, we'll be more than happy to keep assisting you!

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I've tried multiple times and still no luck. The red lights don't show
up.

Will keep on trying, please let me know if you have any other solutions.

Regards,

Grant Hector
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for trying those steps @GrantH19805

As this is not working, I've requested a case for you; our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much, great service.

Regards,
Grant H.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Hi @GrantH19805! You're welcome. I'm glad to know that you found help on the Forums, we're here to help all members. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same problem.  My watch was under warranty. After talking to customer service, my watch was defective.  They replaced it for free. 

Best Answer

Hi @Larry1948j! Thanks for sharing your experience, welcome to the Forums. I'm glad to hear that you got a replacement for your Surge, in case that you need anything else please let us know.

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Same issue. Heart rate monitor and now steps not reading. The lights have no issues on the back. Time, alarms, notifications, all work however. Tried resetting and resyncing many times.

Best Answer
0 Votes