Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Heart rate is half off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used my surge on a stair master that sets my heartrate at 160 using the machines sensors. But my heartrate on my Fitbit is showing 79 or 80 when I reach my 160 bpm. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I paid WAY too much for the watch to be doing this and its extremely frustrating. And yes Ive tighted and loosened the strap, same result.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to see you here @dchee008! That's odd, have you also tried to restart your Surge; just in case that it is having hardware issues. I would consider the wearing tips as well, thanks for adding the information on how you're wearing it; but we need to check some other details too. I would like to know the following information too. Have you noticed if the tracker has ever reached the 160 bpm before? Have you been taking medications recently? 

Please note, comparing Fitbit trackers with other devices not always will give you the same HR reading but the result shoundn't  be that different. Smiley Frustrated

I'll be around! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I notice the same occasionally: during sprints in bike races, my heart rate will go from 80 into the 160s or 170s in a matter of 30 seconds, and the Fitbit will suddenly drop back to 80 or 85. Something in the software (?) apparently decides that when the heart rate is suddenly going from 80 to 160 within a short period of time, the unit is 'wrong' and counts every other beat. And believe me, there's no question in a bike race sprint that the heart rate is NOT 80!

Best Answer

Hi there @HNYBDGR! Thanks for joining to the conversation! Cat Very Happy

Well, I'd like you to try the same steps that I mentioned in previous post. And if that doesn't help, I'd like to have a little more details; you can add a picture of your activities or of your day! You can log in into the Fitbit.com Dashboard and check this details: 

HR.png

How often does it happens? Have you noticed if by doing different activities this behavior changes?

I'll be around! Robot wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Surge has started doing the same thing this week, will start off in like the 60s when I can feel my heart beating fast then after about 20 minutes, nothing... I have flatlined according to my Surge. 

I am wearing it the same way and place that I have for a year, no excessive sweating.

I have tried turning it off, leaving it off for a while, but once I start my workout, my heartrate drops then stops.    This is EXTREMELY aggravating considering the money put out on this and how much most of us really use this.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happens to me too.  One Fitbit insider suggested strapping it tightly over the inside of my wrist. I'm less hairy than most guys, but the skin's thinner there too.  Helped some, but still occasionally falls by half, especially downhill in direct sun.

Best Answer
0 Votes