Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge alarm goes off without prompting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The alarm goes off (only when plugged in to the wall; not my laptop) every 5 hours or so. This is a problem because I only wear it when I run or workout. If I'm sleeping, it wakes me. If I'm out of the house, it goes off and doesn't stop (sometimes ringing for hours until I get home). It will stop if I unplug it from the wall. My workaround for this is to *always* wear it to sleep. 

This is new; I've had the product for about two years now.

I occasionally change the variables in the profile or whatever, but I don't know what I could have done recently that would have affected it this way.

Has anyone ever run across this or something like it?

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Mine was purchased in December of 2015, so it seems that I have bumped up against that two and a half year limit a year early. It appears that not only was I sold a defective product, but that the Fitbit folks knew it was defective. Nice.

Best Answer

And what is the official statement and solution of Fitbit on the problems after approx. 2 years with the battery-life?

Best Answer

@JanKrano I believe it's the same as for the band failure, water resistance, and screen freezing, illuminated LED's on the Surge face issues. You should be hearing crickets at this point. 

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

OK, this is impressive: I got an email with a link to a Fitbit site. There, I was offered a replacement watch free of charge. I filled out my mailing address (and little else; one page) and when I clicked OK, I received (in short order) three emails thanking me, telling me my product was on its way, and a tracking number.

If true, and I get a workable replacement, I will take back everything I just wrote about these guys.

Cool.

Best Answer

Hi guys! I'm glad to see your comments here in the Forums! Woman Happy

@Frunobulax718 Thanks for the hands up, it's great to know that you'll be back on track very soon! Let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Very Happy

@JanKrano I really appreciate all the steps you've tried in order to help your little buddy. Since it didn't work I request our Team to put in contact with you directly to see what's the next step, please wait for a follow up email shortly. I'll be here if you have more questions. Cat Wink

@CaribbeanKing Let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.  I'm sorry to hear all the issues you've had with your Surge! Surge has not exchangeable batteries, so I can't offer you that option. Before to contact our Support Team, please confirm that you've followed  tips to help the battery life and several restarts on your Surge. I am very interested in helping you with this. Smiley Frustrated

@VF31AE3 Thanks for your comments and tips! I'm happy to see you're helping other users! 

See you around ! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The official reply of Fitbit: sorry for the short battery life of 2 years. It's after the warranty time, so please trow your Fitbit surge away, that's the best we can offer.

Best Answer

Hi @JanKrano! Thanks for sharing your feedback, I'd like to clarify that Customer Support replies to each scenario and each issue according the warranty options. You can definitely share your thoughts and comments about Fitbit product. We give feedback our team depending on what you share here.

See you around! Cat Embarassed

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it's making sense to continue if Fitbit don't feel responsible for a product, which doesnot fulfills the expectations.

Even after warranty time you may expect from a quality product a lifetime longer as 2 years.

Best Answer

Update: the watch I received in the mail was a piece of junk; the battery won't charge at all no matter how long I leave it plugged in. So I can't complete the registration; obviously.

Now, I can't even get the one I originally had -- the one that started this odyssey -- to sync up. So now its useless as even simply a watch.

I've given up on this.

Best Answer