Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge and Blaze walking calories too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone, I've had an issue that has been bothering me for a while that I am finally asking help too. I bought my Fitbit Surge back in early '15 and my Blaze in mid '16. Im not sure If I ever noticed back then, but my calories burned while walking seems too rediculously high! 

I have all my personal info correct on my account and both devices get shutdown every few days. I use my Surge at the gym to track my Run/ Walk from home  using the GPS and I use the Blaze for daily use (so everything else other than gym).

Giving an example of how ridiculously high the walking calories is, today i walked back from the gym and turned on walking mode, I walked for .63 of a mile, and a duration of 12.36 mins, and an average BPM at 118. Once I synced my Surge to my phone it claimed I burned 143 calories in that walk alone, every walking calculator that I've seen online would eatimate that wlak too at most 100 calories. This isn't a one time deal, it always estimates the calories burned really high. My Blaze also has issues with calories burned while walking estimating I burn 11-12 calories a minute. I noticed it about 7 months ago when i kept wondering why i was gaining weight when i counted all my calories in and out and had about 200-300 calories left per day, yet I kept gaining weight.

My personal info is this

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 249

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Rubz93! Welcome to the Forums.

In this case, it does sound like regular Fitbit behavior. There is not much that I could tell you since the tracker calculates the amount of calories you burn based on the information you entered when the account was created (and you listed above). 

The only thing that I could think about, is that perhaps your metabolism is slightly slower than average and that causes your body to burn less calories that indicated by your Fitbit. 

I hope you find this information useful. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes