Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge and Sleep I'm confused.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started with a Charge 2 but it was not logging sleep so I took it back and replaced it with a Surge. After a few nights of the Surge not logging sleep I contacted customer services.Once I'd gone through all the usual responses like restart device etc, they decided that the Surge was faulty and gave me a reference number to give to the store and have it replaced. So I am now on my third device and I am still having problems with sleep tracking. Most nights nothing is logged at all. On other nights it may log sleep but only up to a point where I wake up for some reason. So if I go to sleep at 11:00pm and wake up at 12:30 am, then go back to sleep at 12:35am until 06:30am, only the first 90 minutes of sleep will be logged if anything gets logged at all. What's more confusing is that a lot of people say on this forum that sleep stages are not logged on the Surge but the screenshot shows that if my sleep is logged then the stages are shown too.

Screenshot_20170416-120821.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

The sleep log you show is the old traditional view that Fitbit has shown. The new sleep stages which you get with the Blaze and Charge 2 shows the duration of each level of sleep - REM, Light and Deep sleep.

I don't know why your unit will not show the second part of your sleep. I have gotten up for a hour in the middle of the night and the sleep log is always able to catch both segments of my sleep. You can manually edit the wake time to get a good picture of your sleep.  The data is there, just not processed as sleep.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes